+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the sexiest/properly designed equipment support out there?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Question Is this the sexiest/properly designed equipment support out there?

When I get a Technics SP10 with a 12" arm (Jelco, Thomas Schick or Ikeda) in suitable plinth, either at the end of this year or the beginning of next, and my T/T will no longer fit on the Mana racks, I will be looking at obtaining an alternative equipment support to house it (and the rest of my gear). At the moment, this range from Copulare is hitting the spot:

More info here: http://www.copulare.de/english/produ...al_serie_a.htm

Or perhaps something from Stillpoint:

More info here: http://www.stereotimes.com/acc052506.shtml

Or maybe Grand Prix Audio:

http://www.grandprixaudio.com/prod_lemans.php

All, I believe, are modular and can be custom-made to your own specifications.

What do others think is the sexiest looking high-performance support out there?

No 'glorified furniture' suggestions (such as Isoblue, Naim Fraim, etc) please! It must be something 'serious' for high-end audio with properly thought-out design principles, such as the examples shown above. Budget is open for consideration.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Truly vile!... It looks like a cake stand! Or Barbie's shoe rack!

Get something like this and stop pissing about: http://www.finite-elemente.de/en/rac...ster_reference
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

LOL. Yer taste's in yer arse, Mikey!

What about this then from the same manufacturer:

Finite Elemente - mmm... Possibly, but it's a bit too wood-orientated and thus 'glorified furniture'-like for me

I prefer something that's more streamlined and 'sculptured' involving metal and/or glass somewhere in the design.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Finite Elemente - mmm... Possibly, but it's a bit too wood-orientated and thus 'glorified furniture'-like for me
    Read up on em lad!

Try to ignore the price though!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I know quite a bit about them, dude. I nearly bought one before I got into Mana six years ago

I'm looking for something truly radical and different...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Jesus Mary and Joseph! WTF is that pink thing? You jest surely???

Isoblue is nice, simple and understated yet aesthetically pleasing.

But I fear you wouldnt fit your amps in there. If I were you I would go for a heavy duty wall bracket for the T/T.

OR...

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/aud...ts/samson2.php

OR..

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/74363
    Last edited by aquapiranha; 02-08-2009 at 00:48.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

Jesus Mary and Joseph! WTF is that pink thing? You jest surely???
    LOL. It comes in different colours, matey - the non-pink ones look pretty sexy to me

I quite like the Mapleshade and Solidsteel - I'll bear those in mind... Nice find!

I also like this from Cambre:

Info here: http://store.acousticsounds.com/brow...Title_ID=36965

Or even better this from Aavik:

I'm only doing a bit of research at the moment, but when the time comes it'll be hard to choose!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm fightingmywayoutofawetecho.

Just get Dunc to knock you something up out of some of his scaffolding poles.....it'll probably sound better too.
    My System:

Linn Akurate DSM,Naim 32.5 pre amp Hicap,Naim Snaxo Hicap,3x Naim 250 power amps,Active Naim NBLs.
    Dave Hewitt MR PLANK 4 watt SE and Jm Lab Electra 905s.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

They all look the same to me Marco, pink shelves and all...

I always liked the Something Solid XR racks - light weight balsa shelving suspended on pre-tensioned sail-line. if you like musical sounds, you'll have a VERY hard job bettering these and they're not too pricey either..

The above shot courtesy of Signals Ipswich (hope you don't mind Alastair).

P.S. [edit] - the manufacturer (Mark Orr) does custom jobbies too and my old mate HiFi Dave and Noteworthy in Aylesbury sell them as well

http://www.noteworthyaudio.co.uk/Something_Solid.html

I have no idea if anyone north of Birmingham sells them though.
    Last edited by DSJR; 02-08-2009 at 12:52.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Andy.

Marco

Have you seen these before, Star Sound Technologies, Sistrum Stands. A mate of mine used the amp stands for a long time and liked them, well made and sounded better than the previous platforms he had used.

http://www.starsoundtechnologies.com/sistrum.html

http://www.starsoundtechnologies.com/multiplatforms.HTML

I liked the Musical Note in the centre of the design.

They do a nice range of stuff, to suit all needs. I liked the adjustable spikes attached to the platform shelves.

Andy - SDDW
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 02-08-2009 at 13:32.
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast