+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: First Cold of Winter

I'm Grant.

Indeed...

Pretty cold n wet today... May be 9oc but wind chill has it down to 3. All the folk who bought barbi stuff yesterday at The Shops are going to be disappointed i think.

Ive had to put the fire on
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Sounds ace. 29th floor your up in the clouds. Post us a picture when you move in.
    Will do, I have to say something's here are frustrating, but I only found the apartment yesterday, went to see the owner again today with a big bag of cash, said I wanted air con fitted in every room, she agreed so all new units going in, signed the lease for 12 months got new electronic key cards from the management office and checked the inventory. Took about 2 hours via a translator and four people in the estate agent office, with lots of green tea and hand shakes. I have no idea what I was signing or what they were saying as the entire process was in Mandarin, so I have to trust my translator.

Now bear in mind it's Sunday today and tomorrow is a national holiday (Labor Day), I just got a message that the owner has contacted the air conditioning engineer's today and they have agreed to install it tomorrow and I have a meeting scheduled Tuesday lunchtime to check everything over and if I'm happy, I can move in!

Whatever you might think about the Chinese, they don't mess about and get on with it.

I'll get pics up when I'm in, which will be later than Tuesday, as I have a busy week ahead. Got some speakers delivered last week direct from the Monitor Audio factory, which is a couple of miles down the road, just need to work out the rest of my system and I have my entire music collection on a 2TB 2.5" HDD, so I'm nearly sorted

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334