+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First Cold of Winter

I'm Dan.

Default First Cold of Winter

Someone has passed on their stinking cold to as they come into work and say don't come near me i'm full of cold and then walk right passed you breathing through their mouth NICE mind you a very pretty lady . which means i cannot play music because my ears are blocked and it doesn't sound right .

I love winter just colds kind of come with it JOY.

Anyone else having the joy of this at the moment.

Sorry for the gibberish bit zoned out as not sleeping well.........

Please remove if the thread is pointless.
    [B]Class A , A,B Amplification[/B\]
    Marantz PM4
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Speaker Cable , Digital Coax , Interconnects
    QED Speaker Cable , Chord Coax Digital , Nakamichi Interconnect , Belkin Interconnect

I'm Robert.

I dont like colds, the cold or winter.

I'm Geoff.

The wife has it too and is currently in bed for the second day pretending to be dying. And they talk about 'man flu'. Huh!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Thought I was coming down with something nasty so took some paracetamol and hot blackcurrent...then whisky...chased it away
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Paracetamol and alcohol? Very risky. Puts a big stress on your liver.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Haven't had my flu jab either - I forgot and the surgery didn't remind me. I've had something bubbling under for a few weeks now but it seems to finally be easing.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Paracetamol and alcohol? Very risky. Puts a big stress on your liver.
    My liver is my best feature Geoff....and thankfully and amazingly still going strong..... I got my jab over a month a go. they came in the same day I had an appointment for my BP, so just took it like a wee girl
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inthescottishmafia.

A balmy 28 degrees here in Mallorca...
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mark.

I had my flu jab yesterday. I'm just starting to feel a bit achy. When I've had them before, I usually feel a bit rough for a few days...Oh well, here we go again.
    Still it beats the real deal.
    Hope you feel better soon Dan.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I got my jab over a month a go. they came in the same day I had an appointment for my BP, so just took it like a wee girl
    Ah same as me. I went in for my annual 'MOT' on Thursday and had my Flu jab at the same time. I never feel the jab when I have it. Unlike the blood test they did on Friday. Ouch! And they wanted rather a lot of blood. Left me feeling a bit odd all day.

I don't think there's much about yet in the way of Flu in the UK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast