+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jumper Leads-some advice please

Default Jumper Leads-some advice please

Hello,

I am in the throes of sorting out my speaker cable issues. Can I please ask about the sonic contributions jumper leads make- they are after all placed in a critical part of the circuit.

The jumper leads I am using are the ones that came with the B&Ws and so suspect that they are same as the internal wiring.

I have some ideas which I might put in practice but not before I have had a feel of what the experts think.

Thanks

Varun
    Varun

I'm Dave.

Any piece of cable is better than the cacky brass or gold plated brass put in by most speaker manufacturers. I would suggest you use a piece of wire the same as your speaker cable. It can't get any better than that.

Actually it can get better than that. You open up the speaker and put the internal tweeter wires onto the terminals along with the bass wires. No need for bi-wire cable or jumpers of any sort.

.....and maybe try some different wire for the internals at the same time.

Default Jumper leads etc

Thanks Dave (Hi Fi) and Albi,

I am sorry I thought the thread was dead so had not bothered looking in.

All the speaker cable issues I raised were the result of my needing a longer length and more expense-so Marco's advice has been very useful. The Belden cable (3.1mm -12AWG) is driving the lower end with most pleasing results while the Slingshot- soon to be replaced drives the mid-upper section. I feel that the silver in Slingshot is of great benefit-something Belden on its own would not have achieved.

Having noted significant improvement in sound and having received approval for bi-wiring from the manufacturer (Plinius)- I do believe bi-wiring is beneficial-in fact greatly so.

Next step is to shotgun the Belden which will bring into the 8AWG range which is something VDH aim for.

Hence- NO NEED fo Jumper leads. They can only compromise the sound- as so many for contacts in open air and all that. I have B&W jumper leads -gold plated spade and pin as well as very thick copper wire.

Cheers

Varun
    Varun

+ Reply to Thread