+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from the Vancouver, WA USA

I'm Marc.

Default Hello from the Vancouver, WA USA

Hello. My name is Marc and I just found the forum this morning while looking up a cartridge. I have been into audio since I was a kid and have gone through numerous pieces of gear in the last 40 years. My musical tastes run from classical to metal, depending on my mood, as long as it has some good guitar work in it. Heavy blues guitar riffs are my preference, such as Stevie Ray Vaughan and Kenny Wayne Shepperd. I also love heavy guitar orchestral stuff like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

I currently have two systems. The main living room system is pretty simple. A McIntosh MA-6100 integrated and MR-74 tuner, a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 9i speakers and a little Oppo DV980H. I live in an area with a terrific FM station (KINK FM 101.9), so the tuner plays about 12 hours per day. Upstairs is a pair of Radio Craftsmen 500 amps with a Sony TC-758 reel deck and a Harman Kardon T60 table with an AT440ML/OCC cart . Currently it is running through a Heathkit AA-141 preamp, but am in the process of trying to design/build a decent tube pre. It runs through a set of Altec model 15 speakers, which seem to work well in the small listening space.

I bend pipe and tubing for a living, ride a 2013 HD Road Glide during the nice weather, and aside from that, I lead a pretty simple life.

Marc

I'm Geoff.

Hello Marc. Welcome to AOS.

Nice introduction. Bet those Radio Craftsmen amps sound sublime through the Model 15s.
    Keep us briefed on your pre-amp project. We like that sort of stuff.

I like a bike myself. Don't own one currently, probably getting a bit old for it.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Hi Marc, welcome to AoS and hope you enjoy the site. I am a lover of radio myself, especially internet radio where I can access US and Aussie stations.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Marc.

Geoff.

I'm Dave.

Hi Marc, welcome to the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Ben.

Very good first post Mark, be great to see some pics of your systems mate.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Mark.

Nice introduction. You are fortunate in the US to have such a good FM stations you can listen too. I think I would be right in saying that here in the UK, the tuner is very much a secondary source of musical enjoyment (if used at all).

Welcome again
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread