+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ** A simple step-by-step guide showing how to include pictures in your ads **

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Moved the images to imgur and updated the original thread - https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...king-to-Photos - the guide needs revisiting when I get time.
    And now changed the ones at the top of this thread - Al (Mad Moon) I'm going to edit your post to take out the "dead" images as it will confuse people.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    I understand that the site requires pictures/images for the classified ads.....The reason Colin wouldn't put any pics up...because he doesn't trust photo hosting sites...and even one of the moderators on AOS., said to me no way would he use a photo hosting site for fear of getting nasties on his computer....Maybe...letting users load to the site straight from their computers, would be an easier way forward, as this would be the simplest of things to copy and paste an image from their picture files....and would put an end to the constant ongoing reminders and deleting of valuable sales posts for the community...Al...
    The issue is that hosting photos on the site slows it down as well as costing the owner more money to run the forum.

I use imgur - https://imgur.com/upload - which I've just used to repair the images above - you don't even need to create an account or sign in.

Upload your photo, and copy the link, then use the image button in your post and job done.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Alan.

Maybe...letting users load to the site straight from their computers, would be an easier way forward, as this would be the simplest of things to copy and paste an image from their picture files....and would put an end to the constant ongoing reminders and deleting of valuable sales posts for the community...?...I forgot the question mark...Al...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Maybe...letting users load to the site straight from their computers, would be an easier way forward, as this would be the simplest of things to copy and paste an image from their picture files....and would put an end to the constant ongoing reminders and deleting of valuable sales posts for the community...?...I forgot the question mark...Al...
    Our posts crossed Al - see above.
    Alex

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    The issue is that hosting photos on the site slows it down as well as costing the owner more money to run the forum.
    Just to clarify the above, if everyone 'loaded to the site' with their images, as suggested by Alan (albeit in good faith), it would significantly increase the site's memory usage, which can slow down functionality, and would raise running costs accordingly (due to the increased bandwidth necessary to store the extra data), and so that wouldn't be a sustainable solution.

For the moment, Imgur and Flickr seem the way to go

Marco.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    For the moment, Imgur and Flickr seem the way to go
    Thanks for all the pic posting help and advice in this thread. I'm still struggling but I seem to be slowly getting there

I'm charles.

Default Help needed please

I have opened Imgur and dragged pics to it and then using Firefox managed to get a pic to open on the forum but it is way too big. I clicked on preview and only a part of the pic fills the whole screen. The pic is 560 KB. How do I resize it to fit he forum page? I have spent hours trying

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Charles,

Try this site: https://postimages.org/

it's free and piss-easy to use!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

To resize an image on Imgur, hover the cursor over the right upper side of the image and a menu appears. hover the cursor over the downwards pointing chevron and 'edit image' will appear. To the upper right you'll see the dimensions, for forums the one to the left is probably best at around '500', just highlight and alter, the right one will adjust automatically. 'Apply' and 'Save', then you can put it on the forum.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm charles.

@Marco
    @Geoff
    Thanks guys, I retried Imgur after signing up and now seem to have it sorted, may thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678