+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Origami 12" PU7 - top of the range

I'm brian.

Default Audio Origami 12" PU7 - top of the range

Selling my Audio Origami 12" PU7.

It is the absolute top of the range version, with all the best bits possible.

The guy I bought it from ( Si) asked Johnnie at Audio Origami to build it to highest spec, and it was delivered to Si in 2009. I bought it from him about 18 months ago.
    At the time he bought it, Si did a little review, on Wigwam, including the specs.
    Here is the thread, with pictures. Some of the pictures are pre chroming. Don’t think that is the finish. For the shiny finish, see the bottom pictures !!

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread...do-12-inch-PU7

I used it for a while on the turntable (Nottingham Analogue) that I also bought from Si, before I then sold the T/T.
    I planned to put the arm on a Garrard 401 but never got around to it. It has just sat here unused for more than a year now.

Si was very particular with his gear. It is immaculate and would pass for new. There are not even any marks on the headshell! It is perfect in every respect.

I believe with this spec, the new price is approx £3500.

My price is £1400.
    Last edited by take5; 08-10-2014 at 15:08.

I'm brian.

correct link now in place

montesquieu Guest

Bargain alert!!!!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Brian,

Could you please upload some pictures of the item for sale and post them here. Linking to images on other forums doesn’t count, I’m afraid, and smacks a little of laziness! So come on, let’s see some proper pics posted here of your lovely tonearm. Ta!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

If no pics are posted here by 7pm this evening, I’m afraid that the ad will be removed.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm brian.

Marco, I understand. No problem.

I dont know how to post pics, but will try to find out before this evening and post one.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Open a Photo-Bucket account, upload the pics there and then you can copy and paste the links to here - that's how I do it.

P.S. I have to say from PERSONAL experience that changing from any NAS deck to a 301 or 401 is a backwards step, even if you have an original Spacedeck to start with! The Garrards have a bit of a convex kind of image/soundfield projection, the vocals pushed out but extreme left/right slightly narrower. Drive noise, although well suppressed in properly restored and re-plinthed examples, can never be totally eradicated either (physical impossibility), and having the motor detached from the structure in NAS decks, together with the silicon-rubber drive belt they use, keeps noise almost silent, if not quite as silent as the best direct drives with only one moving part. Yes, I know how 'funky' the Garrard's sound - it's incredibly endearing and I love the 401 to bits, but it's a heart thing really, as the head tells me a NAS deck is demonstrably better (I've done this comparison many times in the past).

If only you could financially justify it, I'd get an SP10, properly plinth it up, service the power supply and use your PU7 on that. Personal opinion, but I doubt you could better this without buying a cutting lathe disguised as a turntable, as some of the silly Top End decks appear to be...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm brian.

Dave, thanks very much for a great post.

I have been contacted by a kind A of S member who has offered to post a pic for me. Fingers crossed.

But yes, I know I have to find out how to post pics on forums. Perhaps my 12 year old will teach me.

montesquieu Guest

Done

I'm brian.

Tom thanks.

I should have said. The arm is a Rega fit. However, I also have the AO collet, which makes fitting the arm much easier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast