+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My System

Default My System

Varun

I am afraid I will have to do it one by one
    Varun

Default My system-2

That should do! The turntable plinth is reflecting foliage from outside the window. The rack was made to order to take the weight of 70Kg power amp and stands on spikes-but they are not in use. The iron/steel tubes are filled with NZ iron sand so very heavy. The platform for VPI is home made of 2 mdf boards stuck together and sit on five sorbothane hemispheres imported from USA. They are normally used in car shock absorbers and here meant to distribute and support the WT OF very heavy VPI.

Varun

Thanks for patching the two files together. The scratches on the power amp L handle are my doing. Bringing it from my home with an internal garage to this property in Liverpool- proved too heavy for me. Can any one suggest a remedy?
    Varun

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Thanks for patching the two files together. The scratches on the power amp L handle are my doing. Bringing it from my home with an internal garage to this property in Liverpool- proved too heavy for me. Can any one suggest a remedy?

Yes try a permanent black marker pen, and just touch up the edges that have lost their colour...

I have done that too I hate it when I bang, scratch or damage anything errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I don't think I could have lifted the Plinius. Nice system by the way thanks for posting the pictures.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm InSpace.

Nice turntable... is that the TNT?
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Correct Mike TNT HRV with 12.5 arm.

Also thanks Neil. In the past I had my some one else to help. Yes I was puffing and struggling.

Perhaps I can put this question to you Mike or Neil. I have just listened to the 1960s Mercury Living Presence recording and I would say the Mark Grant cable has outperformed "Slingshot". I have to wait for another 2-3 weeks before making up my mind SO THE Question?

What improvement will a second run of the cable ALA "Shotgun" is likely to offer. Thoughts and suggestions from Marco or Dave most welcome also

Cheers

Varun
    Last edited by Varun; 31-07-2009 at 20:16. Reason: Son and someone else to help
    Varun

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    What improvement will a second run of the cable ALA "Shotgun" is likely to offer.
    Unless your cable runs are particularly long it probably won't make a huge difference. Are you bi-wiring or just doubling up onto the same speaker terminals?
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

And the speakers are standing on "beech chopping boards" with the same sorbothane spacers (tiny circles) underneath to isolate the boards from the floor. I tried Atacama feet but this set up makes a huge difference.
    Varun

Doubling up Mike
    Varun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast