+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Films you want to See at the CINEMA....

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Default I was going to see this on Friday, but....

Looks fukkin' awesome! Unfortunately, I've discovered that it's on limited UK release, so only at the moment showing at selected cinemas, which unfortunately my local one isn't...

However, I've been advised to check back on Tuesday, when the new listings have been updated. Here's hoping it comes to Wrexham (or Chester)!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Looks fukkin' awesome! Unfortunately, I've discovered that it's on limited UK release, so only at the moment showing at selected cinemas, which unfortunately my local one isn't...

However, I've been advised to check back on Tuesday, when the new listings have been updated. Here's hoping it comes to Wrexham (or Chester)!

Marco.
    Its showing at FACT in Liverpool which is where I intend on seeing it.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

Interesting, Ben. I'd be willing to go there if it doesn't come to Wrexham. I intend to revisit it on Tuesday, when the listings are updated, and if it's still not being shown in Wrexham, I'll head to the 'pool

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hi Ben,

Did you go and see it? No joy at Wrexham, so we're now booked in for Friday at Liverpool One. Going into Chinatown for a meal first, so should be good!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Ben.

Hi Ben,

Did you go and see it? No joy at Wrexham, so we're now booked in for Friday at Liverpool One. Going into Chinatown for a meal first, so should be good!

Marco.
    Hi Marco, No I've not seen it yet, maybe / hopefully this weekend.

If Chinese is in order do yourself a favour and visit Mr Chilli in Seel street.

https://mrchilli.co.uk/menu

Its authentic Sichuan Chinese (They will offer you 2 menus, ignore the UK one and concentrate on their traditional Sichuan menu). Double fried pork, Roast Duck & Chinese mushrooms, sliced noodles in Sichuan style are all favourites of ours. Its the best Chinese I've ever had and has been a staple of our eating out for about 6 years now. Its usually pretty busy with lots of local Chinese community which is generally a good sign.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

Noted, Ben, and cheers for the recco... We'll defo give that a go! We normally go to Mei Mei, in Chinatown, which is also excellent, see here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=...A4oQoioImgEwCg

However, Mr Chilli looks like it could be equally as authentic and a nice change! We don't really like Westernised Chinese food, as it's all too 'samey' and boring. I'll let you know what the film's like then - don't worry, there'll be no spoilers!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Ben.

Noted, Ben, and cheers for the recco... We'll defo give that a go! We normally go to Mei Mei, in Chinatown, which is also excellent, see here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=...A4oQoioImgEwCg

However, Mr Chilli looks like it could be equally as authentic and a nice change! We don't really like Westernised Chinese food, as it's all too 'samey' and boring. I'll let you know what the film's like then - don't worry, there'll be no spoilers!

Marco.
    Yes I know Mei Mei Marco, but i'd only ever eaten their western menu in there (despite the Chinese people in there seemingly eating far more exotic & better looking food!). TBH we stopped going to Mei Mei when we discovered Mr Chilli.

Anyway hope you enjoy.

cheers.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Off to see it tomorrow

Got music at a listening event in a Norwegian Church tonight, with B&W 800's and CHORD gear - should be good.

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Looks good, mate. Is that in or near Cardiff?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Cardiff Bay, couple of miles from me if I walk, 4 miles if I drive!
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast