+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats coming on TV soon!

I'm Grant.

it was indeed followed by billion dollar brain i think. is it on tv
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

i was montys double is on film 4 at 13.05 today... not a bad film.....and oliver twist .the lean version just started on more4
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Outlander

Based on the series of time travel books by Diana Gabaldon. A WW2 nurse finds herself in 18th C Scotland during the early phase of the Jacobite rebellion.

Stumbled across this last night and wow, fabulous acting, very tense, looks incredible, only problem might be its on RTE 2 an Irish TV station (not sure if UK mainland folks get this) if you can view it well worth a look.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3006802/

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

For war film lovers, the 1943 propaganda film "Guadalcanal Diary" is on at 11.00 this morning film 4, or if you like drama, at 1.50 more4, "an inspector Calls" (1954) with the legendary Alistair Sim. Actually watched this recently and it is still as good as the day it was made.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

another ww2 war film this afternoon in Merrills marauders 16.50 film4 starring Jeff Chandler as Brig Gen. Frank Merrill....a yankee force akin to the chindits.

earlier Passport to Pimlico , a delightful comedy starring a British whos who of film from the Ealing Studios.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

2 good films on this afternoon. one after another. 13.10 has the Kubrick classic Dr Strangelove followed at 15.10 with Paul Newman as Hombre....both film4
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Apple - The Broken Promises BBC Panorama tonight

Sobering and horrifying glimpse into the conditions workers are forced to accept to make Apples products in this case i Pad and the new i phone 6

Regards Neil

I'm Gary.

Watching this tonight Neil, I think it might open peoples eyes a bit...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Stephen.

Apple's Broken Promises. BBC 1 now.

Shocking reality for its workers.

I'm Grant.

Well? what was said in this program about the booogy man
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast