+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats coming on TV soon!

I'm Martin.

'The Taking Of Pelham 123' just starting on Sony Movies. The proper one not the crappy remake with Travolta.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

They're showing 'Hazell' on Monday nights at 9 on TalkingPics starting Monday 31st.
    Last edited by Roy S; 19-08-2020 at 20:50.

I'm Martin.

'Force Ten From Navarone' on ITV 4 tonight at 1725. A classic Christmas film.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

poor script, wrong casting etc but it was better than its sum parts by a way. still crashed and burned alas.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Don't recall much about it. Obviously wasn't memorable.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

New 'Magnum P.I' on Sky One tonight at 2100 - season 3 episode 1.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Somewhat 'left field' but it is audio related:

'Max Richter's Sleep' on BBC4 at 10:00pm.

Documentary about contemporary composer Max Richter's ambient piece 'Sleep', which is intended to listened to whilst unconscious. Richter performs his opus for a live audience laid out on camp beds, and later explains his unique composition.

, , , , or depending on your point of view.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Somewhat 'left field' but it is audio related:

'Max Richter's Sleep' on BBC4 at 10:00pm.

Documentary about contemporary composer Max Richter's ambient piece 'Sleep', which is intended to listened to whilst unconscious. Richter performs his opus for a live audience laid out on camp beds, and later explains his unique composition.

, , , , or depending on your point of view.
    I have fallen asleep with this on my headphones on several nights recently I love it. (Actually it's the excerpts on "From Sleep" rather than the whole work which I believe is several hours long? I didn't want it playing all night while I slept as I thought it would stop me getting the deep sleep we all need, but maybe that's what it's supposed to do?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 04-01-2021 at 14:24.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I have fallen asleep with this on my headphones on several nights recently I love it. (Actually it's the excerpts on "From Sleep" rather than the whole work which I believe is several hours long? I didn't want it playing all night while I slept as I thought it would stop me getting the deep sleep we all need, but maybe that's what it's supposed to do?
    Well I love Richter's 'Recomposed Vivaldi'

I first became aware of 'Sleep' when it was mentioned by Cerys Matthews on her radio show, though it wasn't until the TV programme that I heard any of it. Whilst you only heard part of the six hour long work, I found I wasn't really listening to it. Maybe that is the idea, otherwise it might be too distracting and actually prevent people falling asleep.

I often fall asleep listening the bedside radio, only to wake up six or seven hours later with it still on! The only effect is that it can sometimes influence my dreams during the REM stages.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Don't forget brand new 'Magnum PI' tonight 2100 hrs on Sky One.

Also 'Curse Of Oak Island' is back, History Channel Wednesday nights.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast