+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mordaunt-short pageant 2

I'm jamie.

Default mordaunt-short pageant 2

hi,
    i saw these local to me on ebay for £50,i jumped on them!
    lovely sound and in fantastic condition,i fear my ditton 15xr's are going in the cupboard!
    they even came with the original bill of sale too,£129.90 in 1978.

I'm Grant.

nice! a snip
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Richard.

Got 2 pairs myself. Paid £150 for the first pair at Laskey's Slough early 80s. Second pair was under £50 last year. Very pleased with them.
    Richard

I'm jamie.

laskeys now theres a blast from the past! out of interest what postion did you find best for the toggle switches at the back?

I'm Felipe.

Funny finding this thread today, just finished yesterday recaping my mint pair. They are possibly my favorite speakers among 7 or 8 pairs that I have, they just do everything right to my ears (and room acoustics) even at very low volume! I have both switches usually on the level setting.

These sing easily at 10 times the actual going rate!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    hi,
    i saw these local to me on ebay for £50,i jumped on them!
    lovely sound and in fantastic condition,i fear my ditton 15xr's are going in the cupboard!
    they even came with the original bill of sale too,£129.90 in 1978.

]
    According to an inflation calculator £129.90 is a staggering £705.42 in today's currency.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    According to an inflation calculator £129.90 is a staggering £705.42 in today's currency.
    Today, I reckon that would be about right for a very good modern medium compact speaker.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    i fear my ditton 15xr's are going in the cupboard!
    Not surprising. I've owned both and I know which I'd favour. Everybody should try a pair of Pageant IIs at some time. In the right room and system they can sound sublime.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Today, I reckon that would be about right for a very good modern medium compact speaker.
    Kef LS50 (for example) are around £799 so yes, pretty much spot on.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

The old MS speakers are things that I rate highly, the budget models too (not that these are). I bought a pair of the latter MS15s years ago and they were pretty good for a budget speaker. £5.88 on ebay, great for the spare room. Only dumped them because some monsters that shall remain unnamed poked the tweeters out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast