+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Show off your Belter's ,you know you want to, with prizes

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Have just noticed there has been an accidental omission in those entrants who were Honourably Mentioned in the results of the belt-drive competition. Along with those announced, Simon's (Si74) beautiful PT turntable fitted with a Zeta arm, should have been included.

Well done Simon and apologies for the omission.
    Barry

I'm Andy.

That PT looks luverly.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm paul.

Absolutely well done Simon
    Surely its an LP12
    Paul
    Truth is always new, totally unknown, and unknowable. The mind must come to it without any demand, without any knowledge,without any wish; it must be empty, completely naked. Then only truth may happen. But you cannot invite it.
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

I'm Deleted.

It's certainly not a PT.
    Account Deleted

I'm Grant.

No, its a funked lp12 with carbon fibre armboard I think.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

If I remember rightly, it’s a ‘Funked’ Heybrook TT2. Whatever - it looks stunning, and if I'd had my way it would’ve been joint first, along with Tim Bissell’s superb (white) PT!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Simon.

Brightened up my day no end:-)
    Indeed it was an LP12 but fitted with the full Funkfirm Vector kit, housed in a Russ Collinson Santos Rosewood plinth, with I
    think a Silent base er base. Out classed any of the many Linns I've owned (briefly) or set up/serviced over the years.
    Was very sorry it had to go but needs must.
    As an aside, I was a very early customer for the Vector kit as I've always liked what Arthur came up with and have to say he was a total gem
    to deal with. Given mines was one of the first for sale on ebay no less, imagine my delight when with no prompting on my part, the sub chassis, motor and psu
    were all replaced with the newer versions free gratis? Don't think many companies operate along those lines.

I'm Simon.

As an add on we kind of lost touch but I was always goading him to help me design a Vector kit for my Oracle,
    a properly designed deck with the sub chassis hanging on the springs.
    Maybe I was asking a bit much when I wanted his motor on the sub chassis powered with his power supply
    He did however offer to help if I sent him all the measurements, would never have been a viable financial project
    for him but shows the measure of the man, that busy as he was, the offer to help was there.
    Still never decided which I preferred between the Oracle and the Funked Linn but I have a notion the Funked
    Oracle would have been an absolute blinder

I'm Simon.

Have to say I'd have given Tim's white PT the top prize given the work he put in.
    Could we keep this going with perhaps some more info about the tables/combos featured?

Some of mine, apart from being crappy snaps, had a lot more going on under the surface than met the eye.

e.g. the Black Walnut and Maple solid wood Xerxes started out as a sagged black ash thing bought for a hundred quid that
    seemed to work ok armless but wouldn't even revolve once a well known dealer had attached a new Tabriz and 'serviced it'.
    A smidgeon annoying when you pay and wait months for a new arm, only to un-box it and find it won't birl?
    3 sixpenny pieces between grommets and toplate was a temporary fix but this heightened my disillusionment with dealers.
    The same table coming back with the new cartridges cantilever sporting a 90 degree bend was the final straw.

The Stogi S on that table with a Benz Glider had to be the best bang for buck arm/cartridge combo I've had and the same
    arm and cartridge sounded amazing on my Oracle, only tried after I had agreed to sell them:-(
    At that time I was buying Gliders by the half dozen for two hundred quid each in sealed boxes and people were asking for
    a warranty getting them at half price? really made me wonder about the mentality of some of the people in this hobby/mania?

The Rosewood fluted Linn was bought off ebay from a dealer and was d.o.a. Turned out it had been dropped with enough
    force to shear the motor housing. Given it was so unusual and fitted with a lovely Syrinx PU 3, I didn't complain too much.
    Also had an Osawa? cartridge with a Ruby cantilever, lovely thing. Rebuilt the Rosewood plinth sporting all the best bits
    I had lying around. Sold it to Japan for a tenner more than I bought it for with the scabby bits:-(
    Sometime later when needing funds, I sold the PU 3 for more than I paid for it and the Rosewood deck

a while later when at the Linn factory, I was informed that the Rosewood plinth was probably one of only three or four
    fluted ones in existence as Hargreaves complained the wood was breaking their tools,
    only yours truly could chance on the Holy Grail and sell it at a loss

The PU3 sporting a Koetsu on my Oracle was a 25 year long ambition that fell totally flat, so much so I sold
    the dream Koetsu to a guy in Germany. His dealer fitted it to his SME 20 and since it would not play band C of
    some test record, he demanded his money back - I ask you.
    Related this sad tale to J7 who explained the PU3 did not have enough mass to do the Koetsu justice and proceeded to
    make various supplementary weights which threaded unseen under the PU3s c/weight.. sonic bliss for a long time
    and thank f--- Germans only listen to Hi-Fi News test records

My Oracle was bought from the States and had barely survived an Earthquake, having to go back to Canada
    to be refurbished at the guys insurance companies expense. Wouldn't spin at a consistent speed, corrosion
    on the ribbon cable between the board under the motor and the front switches cleaned off, wallah, an Oracle
    for peanuts

Sorry if I've bored anyone but I think lots of tables must have had varied and interesting histories along the way

I'm andy.

Good post Si74, the most interesting (apart from Mika's bike thread) on here for a long while, keep them coming.
    Frank...made me do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast