+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavent Acoustics SP310 Class A - A/B Integrated with fully balanced high quality powe

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by steve s View Post
    So Ali, is that the same kid in your avatar, who got at the Alpair cone ?
    Yeah, I gave him a knife to play with and pointed him in the right direction.. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Richard.

I had this round at my house for a few days, sounded lovely. Unfortunately my wife came home from holiday in a foul mood and immediately took against it, so it had to go back. Sigh. Otherwise it would probably be filling my rack.
    BTW, the remote feels really nice in the hand, the curved edges I think.
    ABD.

I'm Tom.

Heard this same amp in action at a recent bakeoff and was very impressed but thought no more of it until Dan put it up for sale because it was taking up valuable space in his flat.

Nobody seemed that interested in buying it, probably because it doesn't have the "right" badge on the front of it. I tried to get the cash together but no such luck in such a short space of time. Anyway, he offered it to me as there were no takers and allowed me to have a play with it. Massive shame because the badge becomes irrelevant when this amp becomes a permanent fixture in a system belonging to it's lucky new owner, so no need for resale in my opinion. Which begs the question why nobody else put their hand up to grab such a fabulous amp at such a ridiculously low price?

I can honestly say that for the purchase price it is an absolute STEAL in every sense of the word. Playing it right now in fact and it ranks up amongst the very best of them in terms of fidelity, resolution and dynamics. It never sounds forced or strained, it can do naturalness, delicacy, timbre and impact with ease. I had a Krell KSA 50 a few years ago and the Kavent leaves that way behind. I have the sheer pleasure of it's company until Sunday night, right up until I have to box it up ready for the courier collection on Monday.

The same day that Dan gave up hoping for a buyer and giving it to me to play with, a buyer was actually found, hence the courier collection.

It will be winging it's way to our very own Icehockeyboy no less. Lucky chap Craig, you got a total unequalled bargain.

Enjoy.

Bastard

I'm Brian.

Ello Frank . How are you mate
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Tom.

Hiya Brian, how's it hangin' mate?

I'm Brian.

Right doon the middle mate Good to see you back buddy
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Geoff.

Hi Frank. Good to see you're here.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hi Frank. Good to see you're here.
    Kind of you to say so Geoff

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    Heard this same amp in action at a recent bakeoff and was very impressed but thought no more of it until Dan put it up for sale because it was taking up valuable space in his flat.

Nobody seemed that interested in buying it, probably because it doesn't have the "right" badge on the front of it. I tried to get the cash together but no such luck in such a short space of time. Anyway, he offered it to me as there were no takers and allowed me to have a play with it. Massive shame because the badge becomes irrelevant when this amp becomes a permanent fixture in a system belonging to it's lucky new owner, so no need for resale in my opinion. Which begs the question why nobody else put their hand up to grab such a fabulous amp at such a ridiculously low price?

I can honestly say that for the purchase price it is an absolute STEAL in every sense of the word. Playing it right now in fact and it ranks up amongst the very best of them in terms of fidelity, resolution and dynamics. It never sounds forced or strained, it can do naturalness, delicacy, timbre and impact with ease. I had a Krell KSA 50 a few years ago and the Kavent leaves that way behind. I have the sheer pleasure of it's company until Sunday night, right up until I have to box it up ready for the courier collection on Monday.

The same day that Dan gave up hoping for a buyer and giving it to me to play with, a buyer was actually found, hence the courier collection.

It will be winging it's way to our very own Icehockeyboy no less. Lucky chap Craig, you got a total unequalled bargain.

Enjoy.

Bastard
    Love you too Frank!

In all honesty I took a blind punt on the amp, having never heard of the brand before, but when I was told Frank had it and was really so impressed with it, any doubts I may have had, which I didn't really, evaporated!

Now, hurry up ya git and get it posted to me!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Dan.

Believe me guys if I had the room I would have been keeping it, it sounds absolutly awesome and has bettered some serious named brands. This is one of those finds that some lucky Craig has took an exceptionally lucky risk on!

If it had a proper badge on it would have sold very quickly for a hell of a lot more

Hope to here Ur thoughts on it soon Craig.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast