+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavent Acoustics SP310 Class A - A/B Integrated with fully balanced high quality powe

I'm Dan.

Default Kavent Acoustics SP310 Class A - A/B Integrated with fully balanced high quality powe

Kavent Acoustics SP310 Class A - A/B Integrated with fully balanced high quality power supply

The Kavent is a bit of a powerhouse!
    50 watts class A, 180wpc A/B into 8 ohm and 300 into 4.

In terms of harmonics, emerging yourself in a totally encapsulation surround type soundstage the Kavent is one of my favourite amps. I've had this up against some serious amps and in many ways it has beaten some really very expensive ones, for instance it lost out in overall bass grip to a pair of Pass X1000 monoblocks but was superior in every other way!

It's so beautifully made and sounds just as stunning.

These amps are strictly American made and contain a huge 1Kva toroidal transformer which is potted.

So in order to get it working over here I've had a fully balanced stepdown potted 5 times shielded 2Kva bespoke toroidal custom made for the job and boy is it heavy! 28kgs heavy!

The balanced power supply is absolutely dead silent, has a gold iec input, is wired internally with silver and uses ceramic fuses, it's also all star wired, with the centre tap back to earth of course for safety.

Hard wired into it is an Oriton AC-3 mains cable which was 500 with a gold MS HD Power Iec plug fitted.

The mp has balanced and unbalanced inputs and a stylish all aluminium remote.

Retail on the amp was 2500 and over a grand extra for the balanced mains stepdown.

I'd take 1350 for it but willing to consider offers, it's for sale cow I need the room so...
    Postage is possible as I have the original double box but with weight will be 30
    Collection more than welcome from Plymouth.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Dan.

I'll reduce to £995 which is stupid value for money, this amp would not aound as good if it aimply had a 240v power supply inside, the high quality balanced supply/step down adds a great upgrade.

I also have an identical one which just isn't stepped down to run my entire main system.

I'm Rob.

What a beast! If I have a £Grand I would be very tempted. I assume that the Emille is now your amp of choice. I had the opportunity to home demo one of these in 2008 when they were new (here in the UK at least) I was not massively impressed with it I have to say.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    What a beast! If I have a £Grand I would be very tempted. I assume that the Emille is now your amp of choice. I had the opportunity to home demo one of these in 2008 when they were new (here in the UK at least) I was not massively impressed with it I have to say.
    I've had excellent results with the Emille but it has been a bit of a journey to get it sounding right through tube choices.
    I ultimately ended up with top flight siemens and Halaske.
    It too is up for sale after giving me a few years of joy.

I'm Dan.

Withdrawn from sale

I'm Steve.

Love the second piccie with the dented fridge in the background .... we can see where your money goes !!

Steve
    By Day Dell Precision M650 laptop into a Rega DAC via a Beresford Asynch... Teac PD-H500 CD player
    Musical Fidelity M3i integrated amp powering dMarKen7.3 mini onken's via TQ Black's (IAS Beaulieu speakers 'in reserve')
    By Night Sennheiser HD600's fed by a Lehmann Black Cube Linear headphone amp
    Out and about Fiio X5 music player/DAC and Ultimate Ears triple fi 10 pro iem's

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Liking the avatar pic Steve. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Thought it was about time Ali, they are the pride of my setup after all !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    By Day Dell Precision M650 laptop into a Rega DAC via a Beresford Asynch... Teac PD-H500 CD player
    Musical Fidelity M3i integrated amp powering dMarKen7.3 mini onken's via TQ Black's (IAS Beaulieu speakers 'in reserve')

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    So Ali, is that the same kid in your avatar, who got at the Alpair cone ?

I'm Dan.

That's the dishwasher Steve and its shape caught in the light

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast