+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone in the UK repair my CD player - seriously

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes that has happened to me where I forked out for a new laser when it was just a ribbon connector. As well as Audiocom you could try Tony C of this parish if you haven't already.
    Ta!

Excuse my ignorance but who is Tony C? Do you have his contact details?

Cheers

Steve
    "Jingoism, racism, fear, religious fundamentalism: these are the ways of appealing to people if you're trying to organize a mass base of support for policies that are really intended to crush them".
    Noam Chomsky

Current set up:
    Benchmark LA4 pre-amplifier and AHB2 power amplifier
    Sony CDP-X707ES CD player
    Sony CDP-X505ES CD player
    Topping D90SE DAC
    Sony DVP-NS900V used as a transport only
    Technics SLPG-590 CD player used as a transport only
    Marantz CD6000SE CD player used as a transport only
    Revel Performa3 M105 speakers and matching stands
    Massdrop thxaaa 789 headphone amplifier
    Audeze LCD-XC (2021 Revision) Headphones
    Connecty things: Chord, Accuphase, QED, AoS 'Barry Special', silly cheap Chinese USB cable (AMAZING value hifi product)

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Accudazed View Post
    Ta!

Excuse my ignorance but who is Tony C? Do you have his contact details?

Cheers

Steve
    Tony C of http://www.coherent-systems.co.uk/ i.e MrC here on AOS http://theartofsound.net/forum/member.php?75-Mr-C

I assume that Accuphase UK you have referred to is R.T. Services the UK distributor of Accuphase?

Regards Neil

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Whilst my preference is for vinyl I do have a cdp and am very interested in the obsolescence issue here.

Ignoring what you think of their products, Naim have a good reputation for reliability.

I'm not suggesting we all rush out to buy one, just wanted to illustrate that the companies who do well in this competitive field aren't necessarily those with the very best sound, but those who are forward thinking and take their customer service and reliability very seriously …
    Hi Julian

Hats off to Naim!! That IS how to do it! Quad are good in that respect too. And, some of Philips early lasers are supposedly bulletproof. But the rest?

Engineered obsolescence is the enemy of all customers and you are right to be interested in it!!! I suppose designing products in such a way that they wear out far quicker than is healthy is all part of 'the game'. However, CD players are worthy of special attention because the greed/stupidity/short sighted thinking of CD player manufacturers beggars belief, it really does. Think of that poor hifi fan with the £8000 machine that had to be scrapped due to parts unavailability. Imagine how it would feel when after buying a £36000 Accuphase CD player it had to be scrapped after say, 5 years due to a lack of parts?

I hope every owner of a CD/SACD player gets round to reading this thread and votes with their feet. And, doesn't forget those manufacturers who so blatantly ripped them off.

Cheers

Steve
    "Jingoism, racism, fear, religious fundamentalism: these are the ways of appealing to people if you're trying to organize a mass base of support for policies that are really intended to crush them".
    Noam Chomsky

Current set up:
    Topping D90SE DAC
    Connecty things: Chord, Accuphase, QED, AoS 'Barry Special', silly cheap Chinese USB cable (AMAZING value hifi product)

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by kenworthy100 View Post
    Hi Steve,

I replaced these myself, however, prior to doing this I was fortunate to find an online service manual for the SA15 which had a diagram of the disassembled transport, as luck would have it on a different forum I also found a set of instructions and details from a member who had experienced the same type of problem.

Sadly I had a search online for your Accuphase but have not been able to locate this type of data.

John
    Thanks John - MUCH appreciated!!

Cheers

Steve
    Noam Chomsky

Current set up:
    Topping D90SE DAC

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Tony C of http://www.coherent-systems.co.uk/ i.e MrC here on AOS http://theartofsound.net/forum/member.php?75-Mr-C

I assume that Accuphase UK you have referred to is R.T. Services the UK distributor of Accuphase?

Regards Neil
    Thanks Neil!
    Yes, it is R.T. Services but I shall say no more because I WILL lose my temper and say something I will regret .

Cheers

Steve
    Noam Chomsky

Current set up:
    Topping D90SE DAC

I'm Martin.

A long shot but you could try writing a letter of complaint to Accuphase Japan. You'd need to get someone who knows Japanese and their culture so to word it just right but I have heard before of people who have done this and had a result (not specifically with Accuphase). They may sort it out due to the whole 'loss of face' thing. You might at least get your £132 back.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

A long shot but you could try writing a letter of complaint to Accuphase Japan. You'd need to get someone who knows Japanese and their culture so to word it just right but I have heard before of people who have done this and had a result (not specifically with Accuphase). They may sort it out due to the whole 'loss of face' thing. You might at least get your £132 back.
    + 1 a very good idea.

Regards Neil

Yep. I did this with Sony a long time ago in the early days of Freeview when their UK sub-contractor screwed up an on-site update to a TV PCB and then blamed me! Wrote to Sony UK and cc'ed by fax their Japan HQ. Within 2 days I had a replacement, newer model, TV and lots of grovelling from Sony UK.

Peter

I'm Josie.

how much was the player and how old is it out of interest?

I'm Josie.

also... do accuphase have a facebook page?.. if they do, give em a good slagging off on there. bet you that in no time they will be in touch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast