Closed Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: John Wood Audio, a tale of woe

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Stanley, Im with the others here and see no problem in running this thread. As a community, we should be able to warn each other about folks to avoid.

I would be interested to hear what "refreshingly new approaches " you would suggest.
    I am making my comments just like anyone else. So by writing that you are with the others gives me the impression that I am the only person questioning the approach. If that is the case, then I have no further comments to make and consider myself a fool and an idiot to even have taken the time to participate in this thread. Let that be a lesson to me for sticking my nose in other people's business!

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I am making my comments just like anyone else. So by writing that you are with the others gives me the impression that I am the only person questioning the approach. If that is the case, then I have no further comments to make and consider myself a fool and an idiot to even have taken the time to participate in this thread. Let that be a lesson to me for sticking my nose in other people's business!
    My God man, that's an awful lot of chip to carry. Your back must be aching
    Bits:

Amps:

Avondale

Analogue:

Acoustic Signature Analogue 1 mkIII

Gold Note PH10

Digital:

Resolution Audio Opus21

Speakers:

AudioNote J

I'm Andrew.

Whilst I have sympathy for the guy that lost his money and possibly for the guy who's business might have gone tits up I have to say that and we should use some to lock the thread before it becomes a shitfest of arguments and insults.

PS I have never used those smiley's before.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post

Stanley, you are correct. You ARE entitled to make a comment just like anyone else. That is welcome.

But please dont take a strop just because you are in a minority. The world is not against you.

If you want to consider yourself a "fool and an idiot", then that is up to you. But please dont try and make anyone else feel guilty, simply for voicing an opinion different from yours.

Your last sentence is just ridiculous. Where is that nonsense coming from ?

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Whilst I have sympathy for the guy that lost his money and possibly for the guy who's business might have gone tits up I have to say that and we should use some to lock the thread before it becomes a shitfest of arguments and insults.

PS I have never used those smiley's before.
    Defence of the indefensible should be commented on, otherwise it's the very worst kind of censorship.
    Bits:

Amps:

Avondale

Analogue:

Gold Note PH10

Digital:

Resolution Audio Opus21

Speakers:

AudioNote J

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Lock the thread? That would be completely counter-productive. The whole point of the thread being started in the first place was to highlight the situation.

No, the discussion will be moderated, if necessary, not locked. We like to promote discussion here, Andy, not stifle it with censorship.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Guys. Make valid points by all means from either side of the debate, but can we please put thoughts forward in a way that avoids anyone feeling 'on the backfoot'.

(and no I'm not expressing an opinion on this thread at the moment)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nodrog.

I would have no problem with this posting if it weren't for the fact that we only have our members word for any of it. This is not to doubt his word, merely to point out that, in spite of giving the court and the dates, we are accepting that the information we are being given is correct without having heard from 'the other side' or seen proof.

This seems a little dangerous as someone's business is involved.

I very much sympathise with the OP as to spend out that much without return is no joking matter.

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Guys. Make valid points by all means from either side of the debate, but can we please put thoughts forward in a way that avoids anyone feeling 'on the backfoot'.

(and no I'm not expressing an opinion on this thread at the moment)
    The only person coming across as 'on the back foot' ( that didn't put himself there) is the poor sod that's £1400+ out of pocket, with court cases won and backing him up, and with proof of lies told in court to try and make a bitter pill to big to swallow. I'd really love to see this chap get his money back.
    I run my own business, providing a service to customers for which they pay. The behaviour portrayed by the business model above, disgusts me. I have a strong opinion on the subject.

People in the trade, especially in a niche product market like Hi-Fi, should realise that they don't exist without their customers. Not the other way round. Nobody is doing me a favour by taking my money.
    Bits:

Amps:

Avondale

Analogue:

Gold Note PH10

Digital:

Resolution Audio Opus21

Speakers:

AudioNote J

I'm Andrew.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't want stan to get pissed off and leave the forum. We have had loads of good people leave due to threads turning nasty.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast