+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodmans Triaxioms

I'm Geoff.

If anybody's interested, there's a lovely looking pair of Triaxioms on eBay at the moment. Finishing today and silly cheap at the moment (£56). I'll be expecting the bids to rocket to around £350 in about six and a half hours, when it finishes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Of-Go...item3394c46f10
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

They're mine I tried them in a 70L cabs [less than ideal, I know] but good enough to get a jist of what they do/don't do & unfortunately, lovely as they look the sound just isn't for me. Awesome for jazz/blues but play anything with balls & you can forget about it.

As you can see they reached a measly auction price & the buyers Russian

I'll be listing them in the classifieds shortly methinks.

I'm Geoff.

Ah. So you won't be sending them to Russia. Wise move!

It's not unheard of for valuable items to go overseas and disappear and then have the buyer reverse the PayPal payment, leaving you truly bolloxed.

I don't ship abroad.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I suppose you could if you stipulated that the buyer arranges shipping, that way the responsibility lies with the buyer.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I suppose you could if you stipulated that the buyer arranges shipping, that way the responsibility lies with the buyer.
    Doesn't stop the payment being reversed though.

I'm James.

I don't mind sending abroad, in fact overall I reckon I've had less problem buyers from overseas than the UK. Problem is, on the one or two occasions things have gone Pete Tong its always been Russia or Italy.

I'm Edward.

Default Goodmans 212c

Hi guys
    Look I’m new here but I have two pair of Goodmans 212c. One pair are in the original Sherwood cabs with ARU baffles but lacking the two innner curtains to improve base and the other are being restored to go into front loaded horn cabinets. I really cannot understand what the op is on about. He seemed to ask a lot of questions only to say that he was selling his on eBay. I gotta correct some things here. I use mine with a Leak Stereo 20 valve amp and Point One Stereo preamp and they play all kinds of analogue material very well, including music by The Stones, Zepplin, Chilli Peppers, Weather Report etc. I’ve had 110dbl at 6ft (about as much as my little room can take) and it was all there. I’ve also played acoustic 12 string guitar (Kottke) and jazz records recently for the state president of an HiFi club (sorry I’m not up on that stuff and didn’t know he was one until he told me) and he listened to one album after another so something is right!

The real reason I’ve bothering with this (really it’s awesome when ppl dis great vintage gear keeping prices down) is that someone posted that they have the schematics and I’m trying to find out what type of caps were used in the crossovers, so if that guy can help, and I know it’s been a while, please I’d really appreciate it,
    Be Cool
    EddieT

I'm Geoff.

You might get lucky, but this thread has been inactive for over four years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123