+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Setup (new member of AoS)

Default My Setup (new member of AoS)

Hi,

I've just joined AoS and was encouraged to put up some pics of my setup.

As I like seeing picture of other people's setups, I think it's only fair enough I put some up myself really ...

I've just read about how to do this with the well written intro thread about using Photobucket - let's see how well I mess it up

Here goes ...

I'm Neil.

Hi Simon

You need not have worried looks pretty good to me. Nice set up.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Philip.

Nice gear.Great pics
    Main Sys. N.A.S DAIS; 12" Ace Space , Benz Micro Wood SL, Timesteep T-01MC, Quad Platinum DMP, Quad Platinum Pre, FM4,Quad Platinum Stereo, Quad ESL 63, PRC4 RCM, Chord XLR, Mark Grant G1000HD, Black Mamba's. Stax SRM600 SR507
    AVCambridge audio Blu-ray player, Pioneer SC-LX 57 Front 2 channels switched into Quad 606 Powering the ESL63s. Rear powering Celestion Speakers, LFE 2 cheap subwoffers.
    Man-cave Sys. A. GL75, RB300, ZYX R100H, Rega Planer 3, RB200, Rega Carbon Elys II,Quad 34, 606, Tangent RS4.
    Man-cave Sys. B. Revox A77, Akai 400D, Sugdon A48II, JPW Monitors.
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=341
    Classic Sys. Garrard 301, SME M2-9R, Benz Micro Wood SL, Quad Vena, 303, FM3, AM3. ESL 57. Quad II, 22, FM2 Rega Planet. Rega Phono
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=403
    Headphones, Stax SR507 (x2) /SRM600 Limited, Sennhieser HD424, Sennhieser HD558, AKGK105UHF, Beyerdynamic DT 931, Beyerdynamic DT231, Etymotic ER4 micropro.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Nice gear.Great pics
    Thanks Philip!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Looks good to me also. I always liked that particular Krell integrated - showed a very clean pair of heels to its 300i predecessor IMO and it annihilated the Naims at double its price.... We couldn't sell any though, as it wasn't made in Salisbury or Glasgow..................

No doubt there'll be some interesting comments on the turntable. As you know, this site has become THE place for SL1200 advice and cost-effective upgrades.

You know, I honestly don't remember the MLS5 at all, if they have two bass units each as you described them. I wonder if the bass units are paralleled up, or configured in a "two and a half way" as done nowadays, with one bass unit rolled out in the lower mid and the other set full-range bass to tweeter. they must have come very late into production - I think Audiomaster continued for a short while beyond 1981 - almost until KJ broke up into individual businesses, so they may be from this era.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Great pics ' great system Simon , i love the Krell ' your techy is looking good too.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Paul.

A fellow DAC64 owner, what do you think of it? I think mine is great but I kept getting a very high pitched whine from the speakers when it was connected, similar to when you connect a computer to a hifi. Turned out I just had to earth the analogue and BNC connections to mains earth and it went away!!

I've been a distracted lately and havent been on here much but really nice to see some really good system pics and a steady influx of new members.
    ~Paul~

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Simon - for posterity, would you mind taking the grilles off the speakers and photographing them please? There's a chap here who has some much loved MLS1's, but as Robin's earlier designs are all but forgotten in the rush to buy Epos ES14's (his best known design), it would be good to have a visual record please...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Hi Paul,

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    A fellow DAC64 owner, what do you think of it?
    I absolutely love the DAC64. I was running a Musical Fidelity XDAC v3 before, which was decent, but didn't really engage me. I knew there was more detail to be had. When I got the DAC64, I was amazed at how musical, dynamic and punchy it sounds. It put a big smile on my face.

To me it was a lot of money to spend on a DAC - even second-hand, but it has been worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Simon - for posterity, would you mind taking the grilles off the speakers and photographing them please? There's a chap here who has some much loved MLS1's, but as Robin's earlier designs are all but forgotten in the rush to buy Epos ES14's (his best known design), it would be good to have a visual record please...
    Dave - absolutely! I'll take some shots and put them up in the week.

They've been passed from my Dad to my Uncle, who swapped them with my brother for an old Fons deck. I think most of the kit in my family has come from KJs via my Dad. He _says_ that he paid for it all

They used to have a foam cover on the front, but this disappeared some years ago. When my brother got them he had to make up new front covers, and he made stands for them as well.

I had to contribute towards the cost of a pair of LS3/5as to get my brother to part company with them a few years ago

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast