+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Valves for croft amp

I'm steven.

Default Valves for croft amp

Hello folks I have a croft phono intergrated running ecc83 valves,anyone have any suggestions for a worthwhile valve upgrade.Or am I best off leaving the amp with the standard ecc83's.

I'm howard.

I would stick with the stocks for a good while. A lot of users seem to like the GE 5751 valves. They toned mine down a little.

I'm Josie.

Almost certainly try some Mullards for sure.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm steven.

Any particular mullards you have in mind joe.Fancey a bit of tweakery going on got the itch need to scratch.

I'm Josie.

Mullards from the 1960's will be your best bet. Forget the ones from the 70's. So keep an eye out for ones with the old shield logo's and also the CV types which are the military spec ones.

These are THE best IMO... but expensive.

http://www.tubemonger.com/Mullard_CV...e_p/2050mz.htm
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm steven.

Talking

Might be a bit of a lottery buying sixties valves as regards quality maybe worth the gamble if the price was right.Sounds like I am name dropping a nineties TV gameshow

+ Reply to Thread