+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 4 (North East Bake Off)

I'm Steve.

No problem. Let me know what you will be bringing and i will start working out some slots. Be great to meet you.
    Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Hi Steve, would it be possible for me to attend your Nebo4 event - I understand if it is rather late and you are full?

I'm Deleted.

Cool .

I've just this minute had delivered a Lab-Gruppen IPD 1200 amp. 300wpc into 8Ohms and 600 into 4 - Class D with built in digital crossover and DSP. I'm going to use it to actively drive the bass units in my speakers - could bring that?
    Account Deleted

I'm Alan.

Could you bring your paradise phono Mark ?

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Deleted.

Hmm... Perhaps - it's MC only though and loading is set for my cartridge.
    Account Deleted

I'm Rich.

Yep I'll be there, staying over at the hotel so I can enjoy a bevvy for once!

I'll bring a SBT loaded with FLAC with best of two worlds power supply and an Amptastic Mini-1.

Steve let me know if you need any speakers or stands.

Looking forward to seeing you all and well done to Marco for creating this community section.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Steve.

Default Shaping up nicely.

Things certainly seem to be shaping up rather nicely folks. I am really pleased with the way that these little get togethers are going. i am thrilled to bits that people are traveling so many miles away to contribute to the day especially Marco whom i may be tempted to buy a pint. It's a tonic to know that this humble little get together is attracting new attendees as well as the people who have enjoyed coming since the first one. Hard to believe that in the very short space of time that i have been hosting the events that we are now on to to 4th.
    The one element missing from Nebo 4 will be Neil Blackwood who is integral to the event and whom i will miss dreadfully. However, Neil has a lot on his plate at the moment, he is a very busy man indeed and hopefully he will be back to keep me right at future events.

It pleases me to know that similar events/meetings or what ever you want to call them are happening up and down the country. The essence of hifi/audio is of an age. The concept of appreciating and sitting down to listen to music in the home has changed in many ways. What we celebrate with great enthusiasm pays homage to a capsule of time from the late fifties to the present i'm guessing. How much longer it will continue only time will tell? In the meantime Meetings like Nebo unite some great folk. let's keep it going for as long as we can.

Over the years, i like many of you out there have owned many classic pieces of hi-fi history. There is still a few things i want to experience though. I was kinda hoping that someone would fetch along a pair of Yamaha NS 1000N speakers. To date the highlights of the Nebo meetings have been Mik's Radford power amp, Alan Towell's mind blowing Tascam R2R and the presence of Les Wolstenholme who traveled many miles to grace us with his wisdom and reveal new projects that he was working on.

When i organised the very first Nebo i meant it to be an extension of internet forums like AOS and Pink Fish
    bringing them into life. A 3D version if you like. I always get a bit jittery about now worrying if anyone will turn up or not but to be honest it isn't the numbers of people who attend its what they bring to the party. Nebo 4 looks like it will be another great afternoon/evening of fun. To all those who came before, come again. To all those who come for the first time, welcome.

See you down there.

I'm Deleted.

Default NEBO 4 (North East Bake Off)

Unfortunately it looks like NEBO 4 clashes with another event I'm being encouraged to attend . So no amp, no phonostage and no NS-1000Ms either (though I wasn't thinking of bringing my speakers).
    Account Deleted

I'm Steve.

No problem good sir. Enjoy the other event. It was really nice of you to consider coming all that way. ATB.

Steve

I'm Steve.

BTW, what does YNWaN mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like NEBO 4 clashes with another event I'm being encouraged to attend . So no amp, no phonostage and no NS-1000Ms either (though I wasn't thinking of bringing my speakers).

I'm Ken.

Sounds like YNWaN won't be bringing the items he mentions in post #12 and his paradise phono Alan asks about in #13 - me thinks.

Great pity, maybe another time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast