+ Reply to Thread
Page 938 of 961 FirstFirst ... 438838888928936937938939940948 ... LastLast
Results 9,371 to 9,380 of 9605

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Yes because you can always believe what you read on the internet ...
    Is that so?
    If you don't like my potatoes - please don't dig up my vine!

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li.../sa-9100.shtml

quote:
    The SA-9100 is Pioneer's finest professional stereo integrated amplifier.

It features an all stage direct coupled pure complementary OCL circuit, resulting in a super wide bandwidth and distortion free power, a unique 3 stage direct coupled equaliser, twin stepped tone controls for making critical bass and treble adjustments and level set volume and loudness contour controls to adjust listening preference.

Other features include 2-way tape duplicating and monitoring, 2 position high and low filters and 3 pairs of speaker output terminals.
    So what you are saying is that it has the fairly typical over-complicated (generally feedback based) tone and volume controls of a high end amp of the period, an approach that is generally given as one of the main reasons why kit of the era usually sounds a bit rubbish?
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GE; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Sony TA-F3000ES; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Technics SL10 with Pickering TL-3.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Is that so?
    Well you seem to think so. Somewhere it has a ‘stellar’ reputation you said. Case closed presumably.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GE; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Sony TA-F3000ES; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Technics SL10 with Pickering TL-3.

I'm Geoff.

20,000mHz top end extension on these speakers. Must be new technology!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-MRV30...53.m1438.l2649
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Well you seem to think so. Somewhere it has a ‘stellar’ reputation you said. Case closed presumably.
    You really don't get it do you. What I (or you) think of the amp on sale is irrelevant. What potential buyers might think is.
    Simples....
    If you don't like my potatoes - please don't dig up my vine!

I'm Grant.

i had one of the near top pioneer models. it was a very decent amp, and the phono stage was decent too. also looks the dogs danglies
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - XS VALVE DAC - AVANTREE OASIS PLUS + LEAF HD BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR +NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI 3 DIGIONE/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    20,000mHz top end extension on these speakers. Must be new technology!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-MRV30...53.m1438.l2649
    Ah, the little known Batspeaker
    Spendorman

I'm Mike.

Think I'd rather have the £50 in my hand via Gumtree than ALL the hassle eBay can lead to if having to post an amp and HOPE that it arrives undamaged, then there's the unscrupulous buyers who claim faults etc.

Once repairs are paid for, packaging sourced fees paid, hardly worth the hassle

I'm Dennis.

No Alex, not MHz but mHz, so they go up to 20Hz.

I don't think my hearing would go that low.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Think I'd rather have the £50 in my hand via Gumtree than ALL the hassle eBay can lead to if having to post an amp and HOPE that it arrives undamaged, then there's the unscrupulous buyers who claim faults etc.

Once repairs are paid for, packaging sourced fees paid, hardly worth the hassle
    Precisely ... doubly so if the seller knows absolutely nothing about hifi.

Let one of the many bottom feeders take the pain of getting it repaired and finding a mug to offload it to at an inflated price.
    No favour was done here putting expectations of £££ in the woman's head.

+ Reply to Thread