+ Reply to Thread
Page 935 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 4358358859259339349359369379459851035 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Strange. Some serious bidding going on with this little Moth Series 30 power amp: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moth-Thir...53.m1438.l2649

Up to £210 with a couple of days to go. A Quad 306 can be had for that money. I would have valued the Moth at £150 to £170.
    there's only two bidders fighting it out between themselves, cos for whatever reason they want it and not a quad 306.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    there's only two bidders fighting it out between themselves, cos for whatever reason they want it and not a quad 306.
    It could get interesting. Daft bidding early though, I never bid until a few seconds before the end.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It could get interesting. Daft bidding early though, I never bid until a few seconds before the end.
    I'm the same myself these years, but in the past I cost myself a few bob by getting into a 1 upon 1 bidding war. a hit to the wallet is always good for shortening a learning curve...
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Grant.

Only got 1 thing off the bay for a while, so andfairly recently. got it on only 1 bid. Was surprised but pleased. I don't buy much stuff now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sean.

Gumtree Bristol Faulty Pioneer SA9100 amp and working TX9100 tuner for £50. Assuming someone could sort amp for reasonable money looks good. I really like the vintage pioneer stuff.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-ster...100/1325493773

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post
    Gumtree Bristol Faulty Pioneer SA9100 amp and working TX9100 tuner for £50. Assuming someone could sort amp for reasonable money looks good. I really like the vintage pioneer stuff.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-ster...100/1325493773
    Um, no longer for sale.

I saw it and contacted the seller and told her how much the amp is worth in working order, she's looking to get it repaired.

Sorry.
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Adam.

Spoilsport!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Um, no longer for sale.

I saw it and contacted the seller and told her how much the amp is worth in working order, she's looking to get it repaired.

Sorry.
    Cool

I'm Geoff.

Pair of Gale GS401 speakers for renovation. In Stamford (Stamford Audio). Look like a great project!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264119534336?ul_noapp=true
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Um, no longer for sale.

Sorry.
    I hope you haven’t now convinced her it’s worth a packet. £50 on gumtree for a broken one is about right and most tuners are worth peanuts these days. If it’s a £50 repair then great, if it’s a £200 one she’ll need to work hard to find a buyer interested in one of these to get her money back. The fact it’s on gumtree suggests it won’t be going on eBay with decent pics and a proper sales pitch, and will be exposed to a limited market. Could be tough.

Personally I wouldn’t thank you for one. Modern stuff outclasses it on every level for less cash. There was a reason for the valve revival in the 90s - most of these Japanese solid state AB, high feedback, function-loaded integrated amps were robust enough but a total snooze fest. Main reason for high-ish values compared to a few years back (IMO) is the the younger generation think this old silver crap from before they were born looks cool in a retro living room.
    Last edited by montesquieu; 05-01-2019 at 13:54. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread