+ Reply to Thread
Page 907 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 4078078578979059069079089099179571007 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,070 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

There's another make that seems to bypass most people. Adcom, if you don't know them, check out their amps. I've got the GFA 555 on my watch list.

I'm Edward.

A mate has a Nak PA-5 and I've been bugging him to sell it to me for years. I'm glad to see the one in Kent being sold - sets a reference price point where I can continue to bug my friend.

It is an absolute beast - a two man lift - unless you have been into serious weight lifting at the gym.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

I have actually got another amp on the way from China ebay. It's a TPA3116 integrated, just for a bit of fun and it cost me a whopping £17.

Here's a bench test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6WkVSr_Hn8 Looks good!

Rumour has it that these are a bit special and very nice sounding.

(yes, I do have a suitable PSU)

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    A mate has a Nak PA-5 and I've been bugging him to sell it to me for years. I'm glad to see the one in Kent being sold - sets a reference price point where I can continue to bug my friend.

It is an absolute beast - a two man lift - unless you have been into serious weight lifting at the gym.
    its been for sale for that price for a very long time!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

This one looks a pearl

Would need a US TO UK voltage adapter but damn, looks sexy

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183400656050

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I have actually got another amp on the way from China ebay. It's a TPA3116 integrated, just for a bit of fun and it cost me a whopping £17.

Here's a bench test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6WkVSr_Hn8 Looks good!

Rumour has it that these are a bit special and very nice sounding.

(yes, I do have a suitable PSU)
    Looks good mate,.

I have a "Burson Bang" on trial here. It's very small but very impressive.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    its been for sale for that price for a very long time!
    Oh!

Maybe I will not use that as a price point reference with my friend. I think he has in mind that his is worth upwards of a grand.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Had to look that one up. The Burson looks about the same size as the TPA3116.

I've got an SMSL Mini T Amp that's about half as big, it's really tiny, but sounds very decent. It always amazes me the something the size of a fag packet can drive a pair of speakers. It drives my big Tannoys Ok.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Had to look that one up. The Burson looks about the same size as the TPA3116.

I've got an SMSL Mini T Amp that's about half as big, it's really tiny, but sounds very decent. It always amazes me the something the size of a fag packet can drive a pair of speakers. It drives my big Tannoys Ok.
    I'm getting very good sq out if it, easily as good as a lot of Amps I've heard and the thing it tiny. It's also got the quietest background noise of ANY amplifier I have ever heard. Simply silent. Even of max there is no noise. Nothing.

I'm impressed but it is a fair investment, £500? Still, it's perfect for small spaces. Seriously impressive.

I'm Geoff.

You're as bad as me. Always pissing about with different bits of equipment!

What impressed me recently was a mid seventies Cambridge Audio P80 integrated. It really is nice sounding. It's a follow on from the classic P40, P50, P60, P70 series. Made when Cambridge were a prestige brand, not Richer Sounds cheapos.

+ Reply to Thread