+ Reply to Thread
Page 887 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 387787837877885886887888889897937987 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,870 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Fidelity REsearch FR64S at reasonable money

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132617634963?ul_noapp=true
    The advertisment refers to the Fidelity FR64fx. Are they similar?
    Barry

montesquieu Guest

If it’s the item pictured then I t’s an FR64. The S means steel arm tube (not silver as occasionally reported) .. all the fx model as are black anodised and have an aluminium arm tube.

If it’s the item pictured then I t’s an FR64. The S means steel arm tube (not silver as occasionally reported) .. all the fx model as are black anodised and have an aluminium arm tube.
    That's what I thought, but couldn't be sure and assumed the seller knew what he was selling. It's a good price for an FR64S.

Is it true the 64 uses a single bearing for motion in the vertical plane?
    Barry

I'm inactive.

The label on the picture of the arm itself says FR-64fx - would this imply that it might not be kosher?

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    The label on the picture of the arm itself says FR-64fx - would this imply that it might not be kosher?
    Yes - so it does: the label on the vertical bearing housing. Curious.

(BTW What is the unit on top of the Quad 33 shown in your avatar?)
    Barry

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Gosh that's really interesting. I have never seen a silver 64fx and didn't think they existed .. and it looks like a 64S. The 64fx is a later arm from the days when black was cool and silver was old hat.

I suppose it's possible but this would certainly make me hesitate. I only had my phone one me when I posted earlier so didn't see this.

And yes, single vertical bearing (as indeed does the much-fancied FR66). Doubled up bearings is the main design difference between Ikeda's FR-era arms and the later Ikeda branded ones.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    (BTW What is the unit on top of the Quad 33 shown in your avatar?)
    A Raspberry Pi duo in a box I built for them. As they sat on the 33 I thought it apt to take design cues from it ...

[IMG]Quad 33 and Pi set[/IMG]

I'm Geoff.

Clever!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes - so it does: the label on the vertical bearing housing. Curious.

Just looking at this some more as it has me really puzzled - in most respects it looks liks a 64fx ... it has a later fx style base and arm lift pad ... it's missing the side weight (which is correct for the fx) ... not sure about the number markings as the colours are reversed so they might have changed those anyway if they did produce a silver version.

Arm clip on the other hand looks like one from a 64S and the S3 headshell is also 64S era (much heavier than the usual headshell for the 64x)

If this is a genuine silver annodised 64fx then it's a very, very rare arm.

I'm Mike.

You get silver FX's too, I saw info mentioning that when I was researching buying my one.

+ Reply to Thread