+ Reply to Thread
Page 883 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 383783833873881882883884885893933983 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,830 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Yes interesting. Looks like custom cabs housing the drivers. I have a close friend in Hastings so may jump on these.

Hmm, I wonder if these drivers will go nicely with my 10 inch Coral bass drivers. Obviously need to adjust for differing impedances.
    Worth it for the drivers alone. My first speakers used the Wharfedale RS8DD in a 1.5cu ft distributed rear port loaded cabinet (a Wharfedale design).

Wharefedale also published a design whereby the driver was fitted to the end of an 8" concrete sewer pipe. I wonder if the speakers advertised are the same, but with an additional cosmetic wood cladding?
    Barry

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Worth it for the drivers alone. My first speakers used the Wharfedale RS8DD in a 1.5cu ft distributed rear port loaded cabinet (a Wharfedale design).

Wharefedale also published a design whereby the driver was fitted to the end of an 8" concrete sewer pipe. I wonder if the speakers advertised are the same, but with an additional cosmetic wood cladding?

I made one of these with a sewer pipe, forgot about this until you mentioned it.
    Spendorman

Bigman80 Guest

Looks like these will go cheap. I have the 77's and think they are superb, could these be better?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273185260525

I'm Anto.

Georgeous
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Adam.

Too many cheap looking drive units in too small a space for my liking. I’d run a mile from ‘em, personally!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Too many cheap looking drive units in too small a space for my liking. I’d run a mile from ‘em, personally!

I'm Martin.

Surprised they have been bid up to £250 with the damage to the mid-range drivers. Even if they were mint I wouldn't pay that much. Has the market finally discovered kabuki speakers?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

I'm not surprised, i have the 77A version and they really are fantastic speakers. I've not found anything id replace them for. Cheap looking drivers or not, they just work brilliantly.

I'm not sure the 99's would be better. A review I found said the 77 were the sweet spot. These are really really rare in the UK though and I'd have them just for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Surprised they have been bid up to £250 with the damage to the mid-range drivers. Even if they were mint I wouldn't pay that much. Has the market finally discovered kabuki speakers?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'm not surprised, i have the 77A version and they really are fantastic speakers. I've not found anything id replace them for. Cheap looking drivers or not, they just work brilliantly.

I'm not sure the 99's would be better. A review I found said the 77 were the sweet spot. These are really really rare in the UK though and I'd have them just for that reason.
    I was just going by the market rate, not what they actually sound like. Usually you can't give them away because everyone tends to think like Adam does. In reality they are high-end speakers, just from a different age. The similar Akai SW175 I have held their own against the JBL competition at the last MiBO and check out what some JBL 4410 will cost you, if you can find anyone who wants to sell them. So I'm not disagreeing with you. The opposite in fact.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

No, I know you appreciate them Macca, they are doing well in terms of price but personally, I wouldn't sell them for less than £400-450 so someone really could get a bargain.

The cones have some of the lightest material in the FB cones, which makes them incredibly quick and agile. They certainly deliver bass even though its as sealed cab. Their sound is clean and even though they are wide fronted, the imaging is excellent. I'm a big fan and they are ridiculously underated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I was just going by the market rate, not what they actually sound like. Usually you can't give them away because everyone tends to think like Adam does. In reality they are high-end speakers, just from a different age. The similar Akai SW175 I have held their own against the JBL competition at the last MiBO and check out what some JBL 4410 will cost you, if you can find anyone who wants to sell them. So I'm not disagreeing with you. The opposite in fact.

+ Reply to Thread