+ Reply to Thread
Page 877 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 377777827867875876877878879887927977 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,770 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    I have a pair of Magnums (obtained from Tom). Geoff have you ever recapped a pair and is it worth it?
    Not owned any, but used them and heard them plenty. A recap is probably worthwhile, should be dead easy. Just take the bass driver out and the crossover will probably be accessible. My guess is that there will only be one or two capacitors on each crossover. Alcaps are perfect for vintage speakers. Might be worth fitting modern banana sockets or binding posts at the same time.

I'm Edward.

Thanks Geoff

Via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

a pair of my telefunken drivers for sale.. still pretty cheap..great drivers these, and rare

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pair-Tele...19.m1438.l2649
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

They look in great nick for their age.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They look in great nick for their age.
    pretty flat response too. ive got 7 of them.lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    pretty flat response too. ive got 7 of them.lol
    Ah. You could use the odd one as a centre speaker.

I'm Edward.

What sort of cabs would be suitable for drivers like that? Just interested, will not be doing as too many other projects/work.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

skies the limit tbh. i use a reflex box. current ones have double drivers in but have another set that only have one driver each...running full range but a tweeter or super tweeter can be added, as i guess a big bass driver if you wanted. ive found a rectangular vent to be better than a round one
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Taz.

Could be a super bargain for someone here, again collection only unfortunately for me...
    KEF 103/3s currently at £20, blown tweets https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323225694165

montesquieu Guest

+ Reply to Thread