+ Reply to Thread
Page 850 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 350750800840848849850851852860900950 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,500 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Tannoy Eatons in Sheffield. They look pretty decent. Proper 'pepperpot' dual concentrics! Plenty of punch too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Ea...UAAOSwlFdabjp1

I'm Geoff.

Wharfedale Super 10 RS DD full range 10 inch drivers in old cabinets, nice! These won't stick around long. I'd like them, but have too many other projects.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wharfedal...53.m1438.l2649

montesquieu Guest

Why didn't Tannoy think of this? Slackers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Mo...UAAOSwzRlaGxjL

I'm charles.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Major bargain there. They are well worth the effort of sorting them out. Parts are a bit tricky to find at a sensible price but do turn up.

The bass driver coils can foul in the magnet gap, but that can usually be sorted. The T27 tweeters should be OK.

A recap is a sensible move. I used new Alcaps from cricklewood electronics on ebay. Put some foam pads behind the crossover to stop it resonating.

Don't interfere with the foam interior damping, it's supposed to occupy most of the cabinet volume.

These are really lovely sounding speakers and a good pair is an appreciating classic. You should find them every bit as enjoyable as your Eatons.
    Those Corellis suffer from some of the worst Bextrene 'quack' that I have ever heard - I had an immaculate pair years ago and had to get rid - there is NO WAY they have anything to do with LS3/5 a midrange - the midrange quack dictates they are a no no. If anyone else advises you otherwise, I suggest you run away - people who recommend these speakers are either a) living in the past b) have hearing problems c) living in a dream world or d) need their ears syringing.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Why didn't Tannoy think of this? Slackers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Mo...UAAOSwzRlaGxjL
    Yes. And you even get some change out of seven grand.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by 57charles View Post
    Those Corellis suffer from some of the worst Bextrene 'quack' that I have ever heard - I had an immaculate pair years ago and had to get rid - there is NO WAY they have anything to do with LS3/5 a midrange - the midrange quack dictates they are a no no. If anyone else advises you otherwise, I suggest you run away - people who recommend these speakers are either a) living in the past b) have hearing problems c) living in a dream world or d) need their ears syringing.
    So you keep saying. Not my experience. Mine sound fine. I do love the 'sour' tone of your comments. Just bordering on the offensive.........

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by 57charles View Post
    Too late - I already got them (£12.50) and have just got a full set of caps (~£30). Let's hope either the speakers are actually good or if not hopefully I qualify on one or more of the afflictions you mention.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

You have an 'ignore' button Edward, should you choose to use it.

Bigman80 Guest

So you keep saying. Not my experience. Mine sound fine. I do love the 'sour' tone of your comments. Just bordering on the offensive.........
    Bordering?

I'm Edward.

You have an 'ignore' button Edward, should you choose to use it.
    Thanks Geoff. It's fine.

Amusing really.

Anyway let's see how the recap goes - see the other thread on this.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread