+ Reply to Thread
Page 448 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548948 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Brian.

Sounds like a good idea mate.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Geoff.

Entering the realms of fantasy? Goodmans Maxim speakers £775! I don't care if they are mint and boxed. They are not worth it!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boxed-Vint...sAAOSwp5JWZ1LV

Last pair I had cost me £6 from a boot sale.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Entering the realms of fantasy? Goodmans Maxim speakers £775! I don't care if they are mint and boxed. They are not worth it!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boxed-Vint...sAAOSwp5JWZ1LV

Last pair I had cost me £6 from a boot sale.
    'vintage innit?

I'm sure the buyer will spend the money on it he's saved on not buying socks ....

I'm Geoff.

Odd that the photos don't show these with the grilles off. I bet the vinyl surrounds on the drivers have distorted, as they regularly do on old Goodmans speaker units (and EMI ones), regardless of use. They can even detach from the cone or chassis due to shrinkage.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Two items ending shortly.

A pair of Tannoy Ascots. Are these a sleeper? Will they attract a bit of mad bidding right at the end? I bought a pair last year for £200. They're a lot better than I expected.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3018198062...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A Mission 774 arm. I reckon this will fly at the end, they are beginning to fetch serious money these days. Fortunately, I don't need it as I'm well stocked up on these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1118454335...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'd buy that arm if I was working, for spares. Folks, these arms are serious bargains, even at the £400 I paid for the one I use at the moment. Somebody buy it!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

No work again Ali? Not a good time of year for it. Not that there is a good time. Hope you get sorted quickly.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Thanks mate, though I've not been working since September when I had a heart attack.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Two items ending shortly.

A Mission 774 arm. I reckon this will fly at the end, they are beginning to fetch serious money these days. Fortunately, I don't need it as I'm well stocked up on these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1118454335...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Geoff, i notice that the writing on the arm tube is in gold,ive not seen this before? is it an early version?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    Geoff, i notice that the writing on the arm tube is in gold,ive not seen this before? is it an early version?
    Dunno. I didn't spot that. The one I'm using has a red logo. I have four of these arm tubes and can't recall what's on the others (they're tucked away at the moment).

+ Reply to Thread