+ Reply to Thread
Page 1060 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 6056096010101050105810591060106110621070 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,600 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

It was around 1970 and I was skint. I should have waited and spent a couple of quid more on a Teleton SAQ-206B. Plenty of those still going strong!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It was around 1970 and I was skint. I should have waited and spent a couple of quid more on a Teleton SAQ-206B. Plenty of those still going strong!
    i bought a secondhand quality snooker cue at the club for 25 notes back in 1970... was my savings from my saturday and school holidays job. interestingly working in the tv workshop
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

No Richer sounds in those days. I got amp, turntable with arm and cart, and speakers for £120 the lot. 1988. Although the speakers were slightly crap.

I miss the proper Richer Sounds with all the bin-end kit. And to a lesser extent Hyper-Fi. Always some fabulous Jap bin-end in their 6 page ads in WTF.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

All I can say to this is, when all else fails read the instructions!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEYBROOK-...-127635-2958-0
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Geoff.

Rare in the UK, Rectilinear Research speakers from America. They made some decent loudspeakers, but these look as though they may go for a song as nobody here knows what they are. Collect from Hereford.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144250512...MAAOSwJPZhZc1V

I'd have these if I was nearer!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Rare Metrosound electrostatic hybrid speakers. Seller doesn't know what they are, the tweeter was a flat electrostatic driver. There was a larger version too as I recall, I wonder if these actually work?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124723821...00%7C7000%7C10

I'm Martin.

Rare Metrosound electrostatic hybrid speakers. Seller doesn't know what they are, the tweeter was a flat electrostatic driver. There was a larger version too as I recall, I wonder if these actually work?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124723821...00%7C7000%7C10
    He does say in the blurb that they are in working order.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    He does say in the blurb that they are in working order.
    So it does .

I saw and heard these at various Hi-Fi shows back in the seventies, but can't for the life of me remember what they sounded like. I remember my mate being impressed with what he saw on their stand and buying the rather popular ST60 integrated amp. It sounded very good driving his Cadenzas (better than his Armstrong 521).

I'm Andrew.

The 'elac' unit looks like an ordinary speaker in the photos? I presume its behind the wadding in the photo.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    The 'elac' unit looks like an ordinary speaker in the photos? I presume its behind the wadding in the photo.
    Maybe he changed the listing. They both look like full range drivers to me.

+ Reply to Thread