+ Reply to Thread
Page 1049 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104710481049105010511059 ... LastLast
Results 10,481 to 10,490 of 10976

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Are these used in the 66? Might be worth that to someone with a blown pair.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
    They are, although I believe the 66 version has the screw holes. Not a big problem as clips are available.

My HF2000s are late ones without holes, I removed them from a set of UL10s.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

Extra tall Kef concerto’s , I’ve never seen them like this , currently on FB marketplace for silly money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Looks like KEF Kit 3 in a coffin to me!

Boxes are too big, but worth having for spares as they are late series drivers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Looks like KEF Kit 3 in a coffin to me!

Boxes are too big, but worth having for spares as they are late series.

At £300 they’re having a laugh

I'm Geoff.

£300 would be about my limit for a good set of pukka Concertos.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    £300 would be about my limit for a good set of pukka Concertos.
    I sold a pair to an Asian gentleman 2 years ago for £120 🥲

I'm Lawrence.

That's the sort of money I sold mine for 5 years ago but vintage speakers so seen to have gone up .

I remember reading that the Concerto cabinet was sub optimal in size for the drivers which I do buy given the B139 can work with more volume I think. So these might be quite nice actually. If it was me I'd upgrade the crossover to the improved aB variety that I think Falcon Acoustics do.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

They have now changed the description to Kef hybrid speakers

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Been looking at all sorts of stuff recently, especially AV receiver's and one thing keeps cropping up on eBay and that is older receivers without a remote control, sometimes this is not such an issue but with old Cambridge AVR'S like the 540r with it's linear style volume control it is.

I've lost count on how many I've seen for sale at inflated prices without the remote? Makes me wonder what are they doing with it? They were pretty hefty well made things as I remember.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Been looking at all sorts of stuff recently, especially AV receiver's and one thing keeps cropping up on eBay and that is older receivers without a remote control, sometimes this is not such an issue but with old Cambridge AVR'S like the 540r with it's linear style volume control it is.

I've lost count on how many I've seen for sale at inflated prices without the remote? Makes me wonder what are they doing with it? They were pretty hefty well made things as I remember.
    so they can sell the remote seperately for a fortune??
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread