+ Reply to Thread
Page 1048 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 485489489981038104610471048104910501058 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,480 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    B&W used this tech in their first or very early speakers I think. I've always wanted to hear a pair. I believe they have a finite shelf life but could be wrong.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
    They did (P2 model?). They employed the Fane 'Ionofane' horn tweeter. The problem as I recall was a ceramic element that eventually eroded, don't recall the exact details.

Ionofanes crop up for sale once in a blue moon and good ones fetch a pretty penny.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Late Celestion HF2000 tweeters attracting a lot of bids. It'll be interesting to see what they fetch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Cele...53.m1438.l2649

Good pairs are getting pretty rare now and attracting higher prices.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Late Celestion HF2000 tweeters attracting a lot of bids. It'll be interesting to see what they fetch.

Yeah and £20 postage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

my celestion 130's have the less desireable 1001 tweeter.. still they sell from 20 to 40 each, so probably worth more than the speakers lol. the 8" long throw drivers are decent too. i must get them stripped and dump cabs which is a shame
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Up to £228 now. I hope the prospective buyer has noticed they are late ones with no screw holes. Clips have to be used.

I'm Geoff.

Blimey. Sold at £277! Must be a record.

I'm Andrew.

Unbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Dodgy looking NAD 804 speakers. Original dome tweeters missing and nasty cheap piezo items fitted, port tubes missing and grilles missing. Horrible!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAD-804-1...UAAOSwdPFgEWd0

Hope nobody's daft enough to buy these.

I'm Lawrence.

Are these used in the 66? Might be worth that to someone with a blown pair.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

For NAD amp fans. 230 different schematics and manuals on one DVD. I just bought one and there's only one more left!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultimate-...53.m1438.l2649

+ Reply to Thread