+ Reply to Thread
Page 831 of 921 FirstFirst ... 331731781821829830831832833841881 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,310 of 9207

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

  1. #8301
    Join Date: Aug 2010

    Location: Torquay, Devon.

    Posts: 5,696
    I'm Shane.

    Default



    S.

  2. #8302
    Join Date: Jun 2010

    Location: Essex, United Kingdom

    Posts: 762
    I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I still swear by the Denon PMA-350 SE as a great back-up or second system amp. They are easy to find and sound quite remarkable for the money, reliable too. Typically around the £70 mark on ebay. There are a few happy users on AOS and I've owned a couple too. Sounded great driving my Tannoys.
    Hello again (one of those days when you keep bumping into someone). I have a 250SE in the back room system. I think it's 30wpc to the 350's 50 wpc. It drives some humble Mission 731LEs. Highly recommended if you don't want paint-stripping volume.

    Pete

  3. #8303
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 37,251
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post
    Hello again (one of those days when you keep bumping into someone). I have a 250SE in the back room system. I think it's 30wpc to the 350's 50 wpc. It drives some humble Mission 731LEs. Highly recommended if you don't want paint-stripping volume.

    Pete
    Ah. Decent little amp the 250SE, I've owned those too. But the 350 feels about three times as powerful in use. Has bags of grunt and significanly better sound quality. I'd be after another to mess around with if I hadn't already got a beefy JVC integrated to play with.

  4. #8304
    Join Date: Aug 2010

    Location: Torquay, Devon.

    Posts: 5,696
    I'm Shane.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah. Decent little amp the 250SE, I've owned those too. But the 350 feels about three times as powerful in use. Has bags of grunt and significanly better sound quality. I'd be after another to mess around with if I hadn't already got a beefy JVC integrated to play with.
    That's like putting Jackie Chan against Bruce Lee

    S.

  5. #8305
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Berkshire, UK

    Posts: 3,314
    I'm Tom.

    Default Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

    Never seen this done before but I bet it works pretty well ... I quite like the Linn Axis had one years ago ... lots of them came with Linn Basik or even MkI Akito arms that have been long stripped and go for utterly silly money for what they are, I’d take a Jelco 750 any day of the week.

    All up with the deck, arm cable etc I’d say this is a bit of a bargain.

    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132429605145
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST25 supertweeters; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

    Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; tube preamp - Gate Audio tube; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 Mk I tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage from Gate Audio preamp; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink.

  6. #8306
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Norwich

    Posts: 2,478
    I'm Hugo.

    Default

    My slight concern with this would be the arm being mounted at the Linn standard 211mm rather than 214mm which is what the Jelco needs. That’s quite a difference to try and dial out at the headshell, and from personal experience with an Axis and this very model of arm, I can confirm that it’s pretty much impossible to get good alignment with this combination for minimum distortion. The seller may have moved the arm mount out by 3mm, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Never seen this done before but I bet it works pretty well ... I quite like the Linn Axis had one years ago ... lots of them came with Linn Basik or even MkI Akito arms that have been long stripped and go for utterly silly money for what they are, I’d take a Jelco 750 any day of the week.

    All up with the deck, arm cable etc I’d say this is a bit of a bargain.

    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132429605145

  7. #8307
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Berkshire, UK

    Posts: 3,314
    I'm Tom.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    My slight concern with this would be the arm being mounted at the Linn standard 211mm rather than 214mm which is what the Jelco needs. That’s quite a difference to try and dial out at the headshell, and from personal experience with an Axis and this very model of arm, I can confirm that it’s pretty much impossible to get good alignment with this combination for minimum distortion. The seller may have moved the arm mount out by 3mm, of course.
    Ah. I assumed it had been done at the right mounting distance, but possibly not I guess.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST25 supertweeters; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

    Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; tube preamp - Gate Audio tube; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 Mk I tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage from Gate Audio preamp; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink.

  8. #8308
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Dagenham Essex

    Posts: 8,207
    I'm I'mteachingmarcotheartofpishanto.

    Default

    Music , fills the gaps between silence !

    TAT Sale post Leader " Marcos Mentor "

    Also a pishanto specialist confirmed by Head Daftee

    Real name " Allen " or "Zoomer Nut”, “Numpty Napper”.

    ±± KEEP IT REEL

  9. #8309
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Dagenham Essex

    Posts: 8,207
    I'm I'mteachingmarcotheartofpishanto.

    Default

    What a monstrosity , could you have this in your front room

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unique-Re...MAAOSwa0VaHIz8

    NOT ME
    Music , fills the gaps between silence !

    TAT Sale post Leader " Marcos Mentor "

    Also a pishanto specialist confirmed by Head Daftee

    Real name " Allen " or "Zoomer Nut”, “Numpty Napper”.

    ±± KEEP IT REEL

  10. #8310
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: Middlesex, UK

    Posts: 3,538
    I'm Alex.

    Default

    +1


    The seller is near SME area!
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •