+ Reply to Thread
Page 982 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 48288293297298098198298398499210321082 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,820 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Edward.

Eatons previously sold for £840 and now relisted. Not sure what happened. Probably a non payer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-T...s/293190713624
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Robert.

These are a giveaway in my view https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mission-7...QAAOSwLzxdUXVX

Punchy, detailed and very well balanced with superb imaging, never a hint of fatigue. I cannot praise them enough.

I will always have a soft spot for the Mission 752 Freedom, it was hard letting mine go.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Dennis.

"Shame about the horrible colourations. Me and Lowthers don't get on."

I changed an Elac driver in a paraline cabinet, (mono), for a PM6, and used that before going stereo with Tannoys.
    Very fast, odd design, and I remember Donald Chave walking up Bromley High St to Smiths to buy cartridge paper with which to make the cones.

I have a Hi-Fi Choice - a smaller one, in which it says that Lowthers have one serious coloration which alone invalidated them from being considered Hi-Fi, and that there were many others also.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    These are a giveaway in my view https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mission-7...QAAOSwLzxdUXVX

Punchy, detailed and very well balanced with superb imaging, never a hint of fatigue. I cannot praise them enough.

I will always have a soft spot for the Mission 752 Freedom, it was hard letting mine go.
    Yes , I still have mine (in Rosewood) on the AV system . I must take the Tannoy 635' Profiles off the hi fi and swap around to the Missions again ,just to see if they were as good as I remember
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post

Unsurprisingly they're gone, more surprised they lasted beyond 10 mins @ only £100 BIN, and in nice nick too !
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ha! I was gonna post about that. You'd have to be very brave to take that on.

Nice pair of Cheviots came up today. Suspect they will get bid up to £800 - £950 at the close.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You say that but at least we know it's still working:

Used. An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or an item that has been returned to the seller after a period of use.*

Magnet looks like some of the Wharfedale ones.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Fairly sure it's the remains of a Whiteley (Stentorian) driver, HF1012 maybe. (yes, I've owned some ). It's not worth a carrot!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    You say that but at least we know it's still working:

Used. An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or an item that has been returned to the seller after a period of use.*

Magnet looks like some of the Wharfedale ones.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Probably still works as a magnet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread