+ Reply to Thread
Page 912 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 4128128629029109119129139149229621012 ... LastLast
Results 9,111 to 9,120 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Somebody should grab these. They really sound great. I heard them when they first came out years ago and thought they were the best thing I'd ever heard from Celestion.
    Thanks for flagging up the Tannoy 638 the other week Geoff, really thrilled with the sound. These celestion s are really tempting too but lack of dosh makes it a no no I'm afraid !

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Thanks for flagging up the Tannoy 638 the other week Geoff, really thrilled with the sound. These celestion s are really tempting too but lack of dosh makes it a no no I'm afraid !
    Ah. So you bought those, they're very capable speakers. That's two Brians using 638's now!

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah. So you bought those, they're very capable speakers. That's two Brians using 638's now!
    Think his maybe the slightly smaller 637 ?. Yup 100 notes, a great buy really smooth and musical with good scale and weight.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Think his maybe the slightly smaller 637 ?. Yup 100 notes, a great buy really smooth and musical with good scale and weight.
    Brian's are big...were mine once. cant remember the number tho, but had the desirable dc drivers and the bass passives
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Bikram.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by kambo_z View Post
    I don't remember the Yamaha NS1000s being as tall as that.
    Barry

I'm Adam.

He’s rebuilt them in a larger cabinet and converted them to reflex operation.

You can read about the mods here: https://audionostalgia.co.uk/yamaha-...x-diy-project/

I’m not entirely sure I approve but I’d still like to hear them!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    He’s rebuilt them in a larger cabinet and converted them to reflex operation.

You can read about the mods here: https://audionostalgia.co.uk/yamaha-...x-diy-project/

I’m not entirely sure I approve but I’d still like to hear them!
    Ah - understood. So the NS1000s were IB designs?
    Barry

I'm Adam.

They were indeed.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm bob.

There's a guy selling a pair of Harbeth who responded to my asking if it would possible to listen to them either before buying, or on pick up, by just saying it wasn't possible "but trust me they work fine"

Is it really that unreasonable to want to check something is working before handing over £1600?

I replied wishing him luck but saying I guessed that I wouldn't be buying them, he replied again with "I never thought you would"

Seems very odd to me!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132779823487

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread