+ Reply to Thread
Page 959 of 960 FirstFirst ... 459859909949957958959960 LastLast
Results 9,581 to 9,590 of 9598

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

More loony pricing from Hart Audio.

What looks like an i8 Tannoy driver (or derivative), matched to a few quid's worth of Chinese ABR's in a box. I don't see the 14k+ asking price there in value.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pr-Hart-A...wAAOSweGpcijoS
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm stuart.

He's got more bonker priced speakers if you look at his other items
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, Monitor Audio PL300, Tannoy Mansfield 15" HPD's.

I'm Anto.

Dont you just love a tryer
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

Decca Mk.I FFSS tonearm with rather 'optimistic' pricing!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Decca-FFS...item23b68f891f
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Tom.

Only a few years back you could get a NOS one boxed for 100.

Which is about what they are worth.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GE; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Sony TA-F3000ES; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Technics SL10 with Pickering TL-3.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Only a few years back you could get a NOS one boxed for 100.

Which is about what they are worth.
    I had a couple of perfectly serviceable ones and sold one a year or so back. It fetched 89 on ebay. (still got one though)

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Dont you just love a tryer
    He only needs to sell a coupe of these monstrosities a year and he's quids in.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GE; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Sony TA-F3000ES; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Technics SL10 with Pickering TL-3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Decca Mk.I FFSS tonearm with rather 'optimistic' pricing!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Decca-FFS...item23b68f891f
    I paid 30 for mine, complete with magnetic bias compensator and the (very) rare adaptor for Mk. V and VI cartridges . The item listed does have an aftermarket non-Decca lift/lower arm, which adds some value, but nowhere near enough to justify the asking price.

I've seen Mk.I ffss arms complete with a Decca Mk.II cartridge and mounted on a Thorens 124 armboard going for the same amount.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Geoff.

Maybe fifteen years ago, I sold a pair of FFSS arms and three Mk.I heads for around fifteen quid on ebay. There was no interest in them back then. Things have changed.

Around 1980, I bought a beautiful sounding 4RC for a fiver. I used it for years!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Maybe fifteen years ago, I sold a pair of FFSS arms and three Mk.I heads for around fifteen quid on ebay. There was no interest in them back then. Things have changed.

Around 1980, I bought a beautiful sounding 4RC for a fiver. I used it for years!
    The 4RC is one of the pre Mk.V/VI Deccas that I have not heard. I do have an SC4E that I could modify with the RC network, but it's not something that is high on my "things to do" list.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

+ Reply to Thread