+ Reply to Thread
Page 959 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 45985990994995795895996096196910091059 ... LastLast
Results 9,581 to 9,590 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

More loony pricing from Hart Audio.

What looks like an i8 Tannoy driver (or derivative), matched to a few quid's worth of Chinese ABR's in a box. I don't see the £14k+ asking price there in value.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pr-Hart-A...wAAOSweGpcijoS
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm stuart.

He's got more bonker priced speakers if you look at his other items
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

I'm Anto.

Dont you just love a tryer
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

Decca Mk.I FFSS tonearm with rather 'optimistic' pricing!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Decca-FFS...item23b68f891f
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Only a few years back you could get a NOS one boxed for £100.

Which is about what they are worth.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Only a few years back you could get a NOS one boxed for £100.

Which is about what they are worth.
    I had a couple of perfectly serviceable ones and sold one a year or so back. It fetched £89 on ebay. (still got one though)

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Dont you just love a tryer
    He only needs to sell a coupe of these monstrosities a year and he's quids in.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Decca Mk.I FFSS tonearm with rather 'optimistic' pricing!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Decca-FFS...item23b68f891f
    I paid £30 for mine, complete with magnetic bias compensator and the (very) rare adaptor for Mk. V and VI cartridges . The item listed does have an aftermarket non-Decca lift/lower arm, which adds some value, but nowhere near enough to justify the asking price.

I've seen Mk.I ffss arms complete with a Decca Mk.II cartridge and mounted on a Thorens 124 armboard going for the same amount.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Maybe fifteen years ago, I sold a pair of FFSS arms and three Mk.I heads for around fifteen quid on ebay. There was no interest in them back then. Things have changed.

Around 1980, I bought a beautiful sounding 4RC for a fiver. I used it for years!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Maybe fifteen years ago, I sold a pair of FFSS arms and three Mk.I heads for around fifteen quid on ebay. There was no interest in them back then. Things have changed.

Around 1980, I bought a beautiful sounding 4RC for a fiver. I used it for years!
    The 4RC is one of the pre Mk.V/VI Deccas that I have not heard. I do have an SC4E that I could modify with the RC network, but it's not something that is high on my "things to do" list.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread