+ Reply to Thread
Page 913 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 4138138639039119129139149159239631013 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,130 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Sounds like a weirdo. Best avoided.

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Sounds like a weirdo. Best avoided.
    Exactly. We're thinking of buying a pair, but want the eucalyptus finish. I was thinking maybe it was worth a punt to save a grand plus off a new pair to see what they looked like in cherry!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    There's a guy selling a pair of Harbeth who responded to my asking if it would possible to listen to them either before buying, or on pick up, by just saying it wasn't possible "but trust me they work fine"

Is it really that unreasonable to want to check something is working before handing over £1600?

I replied wishing him luck but saying I guessed that I wouldn't be buying them, he replied again with "I never thought you would"

Seems very odd to me!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132779823487

Let’s all ask the seller if we can demo them 🤷🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Let’s all ask the seller if we can demo them *

Or better still, why not go round and throw eggs at their windows.

His/her sale they can deal with it how they want surely

I'm Bernard.

Default Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

There's a guy selling a pair of Harbeth who responded to my asking if it would possible to listen to them either before buying, or on pick up, by just saying it wasn't possible "but trust me they work fine"

Is it really that unreasonable to want to check something is working before handing over £1600?

I replied wishing him luck but saying I guessed that I wouldn't be buying them, he replied again with "I never thought you would"

Seems very odd to me!

Looks like he has relisted the speakers .... the completed items is showing that they have already been sold ...🧐
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Dominic.

Seems very odd to me!

Sounds to me like this person already had a long series of dumb questions being asked about the speakers. who were just time wasters and was fed up with answering them. Know the feeling well. However, I have sold many items that had an endless stream of dumb questions (with the answer already in the description I might add) and more often than not the person asking the most questions usually buys the item. so there is no excuse for such a response from a seller no matter how cheesed off they get with answering questions.

He might also have sold off the rest of his system so cannot demo them?
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    Sounds to me like this person already had a long series of dumb questions being asked about the speakers. who were just time wasters and was fed up with answering them. Know the feeling well. However, I have sold many items that had an endless stream of dumb questions (with the answer already in the description I might add) and more often than not the person asking the most questions usually buys the item. so there is no excuse for such a response from a seller no matter how cheesed off they get with answering questions.

He might also have sold off the rest of his system so cannot demo them?
    I agree about the dumb questions, I get them constantly, I’m currently selling over 600 cds and LP’s as a job lot , one woman just couldn’t accept that I wasn’t willing to sell her a few of the cd’s.

I'm Don.

Nice pair of Radfords listed on ebay...Listed as excellent condition, but surrounds need doing on most of the drivers...???...surely...or am I on route for SpecSavers 2moro am?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radford-M...d/113265117467

I'm Geoff.

It's the lighting I think Don. The bass drivers are OK and the mids are just a bit wrinkled. Both use vinyl surrounds that tend not to perish, but do look wrinkled with age. Doesn't seem to affect the performance. They are Goodmans drivers.

I'm Don.

Cheers Geoff...looks like Specsavers here I come...

+ Reply to Thread