+ Reply to Thread
Page 1077 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 7757797710271067107510761077107810791087 ... LastLast
Results 10,761 to 10,770 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Martin.

I'm interested to see how much this Sony TA-88 goes for:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394437125...QAAOSwi-5j1YEg

Already up to £70 even though it is untested and sold spares or repair. I used to have one, fully working, plus two of the matching tuners that light up orange and green

Proper stuff but the amp only has 10 watts or something. I sold it for twenty notes and I think I gave the tuners away. Stupid of me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I had a couple of those and the similarly sized Goodmans Maxamp, all boot sale jobs bought for peanuts.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Got mine out the local paper I think I paid a fiver. Some old boy having a clear-out.

That was about 1992 though, when being on a fiver an hour was considered good money. Well round here it was, anyway.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

That Sony amp sold for £85
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

TDL RTL2 floorstanding speakers in Greenford, West London. Starting price £20, no bids yet, potential bargain.

These are good speakers. No view of the drivers, which hopefully are original and undamaged. Declon acoustic foam in ports missing (no big deal).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255961043759
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    TDL RTL2 floorstanding speakers in Greenford, West London. Starting price £20, no bids yet, potential bargain.

These are good speakers. No view of the drivers, which hopefully are original and undamaged. Declon acoustic foam in ports missing (no big deal).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255961043759
    Not the most refined speakers but great VFM at a low price. The Studio series were good though.

I'm Geoff.

Tannoy 635 floorstanding speakers in Uxbridge, West London. Minor cosmetic issues, but look OK generally. Well worth the £100 BIN asking price for rather nice sounding speakers. Or bids start at £60.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314357982...Bk9SR7iKpuXEYQ

I'm Grant.

good drivers.. guess cases could be redone
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Tannoy 635 floorstanding speakers in Uxbridge, West London. Minor cosmetic issues, but look OK generally. Well worth the £100 BIN asking price for rather nice sounding speakers. Or bids start at £60.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314357982...Bk9SR7iKpuXEYQ
    Did you see the last photos I thought it was ok until I got there! Will need some work, rosewood vinyl wrap on the top would suffice if you're not fussy.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Did you see the last photos I thought it was ok until I got there! Will need some work, rosewood vinyl wrap on the top would suffice if you're not fussy.
    I should pay more attention, I missed that. Not beyond sorting though, I'd take the wrap off the backs carefully with a hot air gun and use that to repair the top/tops. The backs can be done black.

+ Reply to Thread