+ Reply to Thread
Page 1080 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 8058098010301070107810791080108110821090 ... LastLast
Results 10,791 to 10,800 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by karma1967 View Post
    i didnt know they did anything decent,i back in the 80's they were thought of in the same vein as amstrad,walthem and all the other crap.cheap stereo systems.
    The UA700 was a budget amp, but was well reviewed back then.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Five quid speakers anybody, how about these horrors?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234912799....c101113.m2109
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Five quid speakers anybody, how about these horrors?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234912799....c101113.m2109

I'm sure they have a great personality, Geoff.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Steve.

If I saw them in a skip I'd leave 'em there.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

just curious but if you were nearby would the drivers not be worth stripping out?
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    just curious but if you were nearby would the drivers not be worth stripping out?
    I suppose it comes down to how handy you are at building speakers and also just what the drivers are. My garage and car port are already full of assorted cack that looks like it might come in handy one day. If I added those speakers to the pile Mrs. P would probably leave me, or more likely give me grief and not make me any tea.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well they look pretty tidy, but not how I expect vintage Tannoys to look. Just look like some run of the mill reflex speakers with Tannoy badges. How much should they be?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

maybe a ton?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Well they look pretty tidy, but not how I expect vintage Tannoys to look. Just look like some run of the mill reflex speakers with Tannoy badges. How much should they be?
    Well they wouldn't interest me even at fifty quid, but I guess these days a realistic price would be around £150 to £200. They're nothing special, I had a pair years ago that I sold for £60.

+ Reply to Thread