+ Reply to Thread
Page 987 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 48788793797798598698798898999710371087 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,870 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I'd imagine the seller was finalising a sale outside ebay and stuck the price up to prevent someone starting the auction. And then removed the ebay listing once his non ebay sale completed ok. Or something like that.
    I do this all the time.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I do this all the time.
    Hmm, and thats probably one of the reasons eBay make life harder for straightforward sellers.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Hmm, and thats probably one of the reasons eBay make life harder for straightforward sellers.
    Why?

It's Only preventing it selling by raising the price so not sure how

I'm brian.

Not sure on that Oli ?, but my main point is that there s too many people spoiling eBay by not abiding by the rules.

I'm Adam.

Forgive my stupidity but why would you list something at a price to make sure no one bids on it?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Forgive my stupidity but why would you list something at a price to make sure no one bids on it?
    It means you can link to it elsewhere (Twitter, Facebook, forums, etc.) and benefit from all the features eBay offers, such as photo hosting and feedback score, but without paying any seller fees.
    Essentially making a private sale but using sophisticated software for the listing and info.

Obviously the buyer has no protection though

I'm Dave.

He probably had it listed with £1 seller fees as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I'd imagine the seller was finalising a sale outside ebay and stuck the price up to prevent someone starting the auction. And then removed the ebay listing once his non ebay sale completed ok. Or something like that.
    It's Funny that before it was removed and as I had it on watch, I was offered the buy it now price which was the opening asking price needless to say I .
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm jamie.

this is something ive just noticed,check the sellers feedback,it says 100%,when you click on the feedback number you then see in brackets (during the last 12 months). all good it seems. you scroll down the feedback you then get a impression of the sellers activitys.
    always check the sellers feedback!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXCELLENT...P/113898277107
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    The idea is to sell via eBay in the spirit of the deal. What normally happens is someone comes to look at the item they've seen on ebay and then make me a cash offer on the spot. If I accept, I can't just cancel to eBay ad because they can charge a fee if they believe you've sold it thanks to their site.

I deliberately overprice the now sold item so that no one bids on it and when the listening expires, I simply delete it.

It's not a deliberate tactic but it's happened a few times.

+ Reply to Thread