+ Reply to Thread
Page 1031 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 3153193198110211029103010311032103310411081 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,310 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by flapland View Post
    I have been known to pick stuff up on the streets of Hampstead I am afraid. I also left a few things outside the front door for people to take and they always go.

Not managed to find a dumped Decca Gold mind you.

No, because its still sitting in my drawer Paul ! lol. Too busy flaffing around emptying my wallet elsewhere I m afraid. It will get sent to Mr Wright sooner rather than later though.
    I also put out and take in as well. My best find being a Hacker radio ( top model ) which I enjoyed for a few weeks and then sold on ebay for around a ton : What am I like

I have the same issues, always something else to buy/try. I have a Koetsu Black to fix and Audio Note M2 also but still buy others things instead.
    Paul.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's amazing just what people throw out in West Hampstead and also in Camden, London: flat screen TVs; kettles; steam irons; hi-fi mini-systems; CDs; DVDs etc.

I could say it is because they are too lazy to take them to charity shop where some good can be made of them. However it may be the charity shops do not want, or cannot do the required PAT testing for the electrical goods.
    There's an old mattress and a bidet dumped in the alley opposite me. Some sheets of plywood and a door too. Been there for weeks. Never seen a mini-hifi or indeed any sized hi-fi dumped though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There's an old mattress and a bidet dumped in the alley opposite me. Some sheets of plywood and a door too. Been there for weeks. Never seen a mini-hifi or indeed any sized hi-fi dumped though.
    Well there you go - everything you need to build a bedroom extension, complete with bed!
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well there you go - everything you need to build a bedroom extension, complete with bed!
    There's an occasional table a bit further down the road too. Would do for a bedside lamp. I probably could amass an entire bedroom suite if I walked round the neighbourhood.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I didn't spot the bidet in your post. That's a bit up market!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There's an occasional table a bit further down the road too. Would do for a bedside lamp. I probably could amass an entire bedroom suite if I walked round the neighbourhood.
    There's an occasional table that appears in the alley behind my mate's house, it sticks around for a couple of days, then disappears. Only to return a few days later. This has happened several times. what's that all about?

I'll get me coat
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shane.

Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    I thought I was the only one who knew about those Shane. Relevant model numbers are I think: SCPH-1002, SCPH-5002 and SCPH-5502
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I thought I was the only one who knew about those Shane. Relevant model numbers are I think: SCPH-1002, SCPH-5002 and SCPH-5502
    I use one in my second system, surprisingly good!
    Paul

+ Reply to Thread