+ Reply to Thread
Page 1043 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 4354394399310331041104210431044104510531093 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,430 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

"Bargains on ebay?", maybe not any more. I queried the discrepancy between the offered selling price from a Chinese seller and the inexplicably higher presented invoice price and received this reply:

But I'm not buying from the EU. Why are items sent from China being handled differently now? What is this nonsense?

It appears to be across the board, every Chinese seller I checked has bumped the price up.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 25-01-2021 at 08:08.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Um, seems that your Chinese correspondent may be correct Geoff.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...1-january-2021
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Um, seems that your Chinese correspondent may be correct Geoff
    Rather odd that ebay have not issued a statement, at least, not one that has come my way.

No doubt there'll be something recently tucked away in T&C's.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Previously you would have paid the VAT yourself in the customs charges (assuming the cost of the item exceeded the threshold). Now you pay it at point of sale on items of any value.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

All sounds pretty simple. The only people complaining must be those who don't want to pay their dues for the NHS, policing, education etc and want something for nothing at other taxpayers' expense.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    All sounds pretty simple. The only people complaining must be those who don't want to pay their dues for the NHS, policing, education etc and want something for nothing at other taxpayers' expense.
    Has somebody complained about paying what is due then? I think I missed that.

I'm Martin.

Overseas businesses that don't sell though a platform like Amazon or Ebay have complained because it means they have to register for VAT in the UK to carry on direct selling to the UK.

The way I see it they can either register or lose the business they were getting from us, entirely up to them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Has somebody complained about paying what is due then? I think I missed that.
    Yes have seen a lot of people having a moan on the Wam. If anyone has been charged twice they need to speak to the retailer about why they paid local tax on a duty free purchase. The tax is due on import (or indirectly on purchase if the seller has registered on the govt scheme).

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Tristan.

Buy British!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by clap View Post
    Buy British!
    I thought I saw something British in my local shop the other day. Turns out he was Polish.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread