+ Reply to Thread
Page 983 of 987 FirstFirst ... 483883933973981982983984985 ... LastLast
Results 9,821 to 9,830 of 9868

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

  1. #9821
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 41,102
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    I have a round magnet from one in my workshop somewhere.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

  2. #9822
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Hampshire, UK

    Posts: 2,786
    I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

    Default

    Nice old Goodmans speakers - well worth saving.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goodmans-...AAAOSwUeldWUcr
    Adam.

  3. #9823
    Join Date: Sep 2014

    Location: brighton uk.

    Posts: 4,333
    I'm jamie.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Nice old Goodmans speakers - well worth saving.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goodmans-...AAAOSwUeldWUcr
    and heres another pair in the same condition https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-pair-of....c100005.m1851

    and another https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-l....c100005.m1851
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon KB with vienna upgrade
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers
    KARMA Interconnects & Tonearm Cable

  4. #9824
    Join Date: Jul 2014

    Location: Shropshire

    Posts: 2,189
    I'm Anto.

    Default

    Heres an Aiwa I tipped off Al ,about !!! The description made me smile , probably the best I have ever read about these !! ( I own 2 )

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aiwa-AP22...sAAOSwUAJdULL5

    and a bargain in Hull

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIWA-AP-2...EAAOSwDMVdUGk9
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

  5. #9825
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Hampshire, UK

    Posts: 2,786
    I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    In the first pair you highlight, one speaker has a non-standard replacement bass driver and is best avoided.

    The second pair are very optimistically priced given the repair work they need.
    Adam.

  6. #9826
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 41,102
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    In the first pair you highlight, one speaker has a non-standard replacement bass driver and is best avoided.
    It's the 12" driver from the contemporary 'Pro' Goodmans range of the time and intended to work with the Hifax mid/treble horn, but as you say, best avoided.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

  7. #9827
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Hampshire, UK

    Posts: 2,786
    I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's the 12" driver from the contemporary 'Pro' Goodmans range of the time and intended to work with the Hifax mid/treble horn, but as you say, best avoided.
    You're quite right, but I'd still avoid as it fails the Beobloke 'shiny dustcap' test!
    Adam.

  8. #9828
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 41,102
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    You're quite right, but I'd still avoid as it fails the Beobloke 'shiny dustcap' test!
    I'd still like a pair of JBL LE8T units, regardless.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

  9. #9829
    Join Date: Jul 2017

    Location: Kent

    Posts: 403
    I'm Paul.

    Default

    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123878317068

    Cheap for both together!

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

  10. #9830
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 41,102
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123878317068

    Cheap for both together!

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yes, it is definitely a bargain.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

+ Reply to Thread



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •