+ Reply to Thread
Page 1025 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 2552592597510151023102410251026102710351075 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,250 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Pretty cheap Tannoy Mansfield crossovers.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TANNOY-be...YAAOSwNHZe787Q
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Robert.

Ortofon Quintet Black mc here for someone https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ortofon-Q...8AAOSwkJ1e5TJz

It is the original with the boron cantilever. The later versions have a sapphire cantilever instead (Quintet Black S), due to a global shortage of boron, so Ortofon decided that the boron would be for their mc's above the Quintet Black.

I've had one of these and they were/are regarded as an mc bargain at new price and I can only agree.

Shibata stylus, boron cantilever, it is quality and a quality performer.

Detailed, smooth, balanced - think a refined upgrade over the excellent 2M Black mm.

Doubt you'd get a better mc at £425, so if you've ever wanted to try one.... Seller accepting offers as well, so this probably could be had for £400

I messaged the seller - who I do not know incidentally (he has 100% positive feedback over 995 transactions). He replied immediately as below:

Hi
    Yes the Quintet Black is the first version. It s in excellent condition as I've kept it as a spare. It s been used lightly for around 50 hours so plenty of life ahead of it.
    Jon

I'd have this myself for use after my Cadenza has worn, but funds don't permit at the mo
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

Don't be tempted. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MISSION-7...kAAOSwZwld0vUL

This is not 'the' Mission 774 arm. It's a 774 LC, a budget item from Japan and would normally sell for around £100.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Don't be tempted. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MISSION-7...kAAOSwZwld0vUL

This is not 'the' Mission 774 arm. It's a 774 LC, a budget item from Japan and would normally sell for around £100.
    Nicely presented as well.... not

I'm Steve.

I had one of those arms, came on a budget Mission turntable back in the 80's. The whole lot cost £100 less than that, brand new.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I had one of those arms, came on a budget Mission turntable back in the 80's. The whole lot cost £100 less than that, brand new.
    I remember when you could buy a new Acos Lustre GST-1 arm for £39.95 (an ADC 10E Mk.IV cartridge cost the same and was probably the better bargain). This was about forty years ago though .

I'm Mike.

Just looking on ebay for a few bits and bobs and came across this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thorens-T...YAAOSwW4Jd8rf- it's got the rare R version don't you know so obviously that makes it far more valuable, what a muppet

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Just looking on ebay for a few bits and bobs and came across this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thorens-T...YAAOSwW4Jd8rf- it's got the rare R version don't you know so obviously that makes it far more valuable, what a muppet
    To be fair the SME "-R" arms are difficult to find and will be expensive (a cursory look on the web showed few available, and all were priced at well above $1,000).

That said, the asking price of £1,200 for the complete TT and arm does seem to be on the high side.
    Barry

I'm Shane.

I remember when you could buy a new Acos Lustre GST-1 arm for £39.95 (an ADC 10E Mk.IV cartridge cost the same and was probably the better bargain). This was about forty years ago though .
    Showing up your age again, Geoff!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

So can I. In fact I bought a second ADC 10E Mk.IV off ebay about a year ago for almost the same amount.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread