+ Reply to Thread
Page 1012 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 1251291296210021010101110121013101410221062 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,120 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    People still buying stuff on bay. Laptops are popular. I was after another good one but got beat several times, so folk are still spending.
    True. Lots of folks are online at home, away from their boss's gaze. Plus there are stories that taxi drivers have switched to parcel delivery and so the distribution network continues regardless.

Mind you, I'm getting a lot more private messages from sellers discounting Buy It Now prices on music so volume must be down.

Annoyingly, I recently bought a CD from Japan that has become subject to customs duty and it's got stuck in the Royal Mail - the online pay process isn't working and the physical depot is shut. The note that came through my letterbox says it'll be returned to the sender within 21 days if customs duty isn't paid! I found myself sending a Google translated Japanese message to the seller asking him to watch out if it gets returned to him.

Still, compared to what many folks are experiencing in terms of health, money and quality of life right now, such issues are mere trivia. Good luck and God speed to the recovery.

I'm brian.

Sadly some may have to sell there cherished audio items soon as income starts to rapidly run out for folk ( unemployment etc )
    Could be a buyers market for those unaffected by the crisis.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Sadly some may have to sell there cherished audio items soon as income starts to rapidly run out for folk ( unemployment etc )
    Could be a buyers market for those unaffected by the crisis.
    Yes, I think we're only just beginning to perceive the long-term economic effects. I don't think anyone will be unaffected, though, it will be a matter of degree. For example, a high earner with equity or property investments will inevitably see their tax rate go up and the value of their investments go down. Still, that'd be a nicer problem to have than being a low earner whose employer is about to go bust. I fear for all of us since, as with any depression, this will dominate the next decade or more.

Pete

I'm Martin.

I'm not so sure about the economic depression argument. I'd suggest that 90% of people with spending power are all still employed and working from home, or still going to work as they are in essential occupations. But they can't spend their money on any non-essential items right now.

Consequently, when this is over there will be a lot of saved-up money and a lot of pent up demand for non-essential goods and services will be released. A lot of hand-to-mouth businesses like pubs, restaurants and so forth will go to the wall in the interim. But post C-19 they will be replaced by new ones quite quickly, and this will soak up most of those who have been rendered unemployed at the moment.

maybe that is overly-optimistic, but seems to me that spreading doom and gloom helps no-one and can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    maybe that is overly-optimistic, but seems to me that spreading doom and gloom helps no-one and can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    That's the spirit! I agree 100%
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Andre.

Why do they always fetch so much money? They were a great sounding amp tho.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Naim-Nait...p2047675.l2557

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Why do they always fetch so much money? They were a great sounding amp tho.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Naim-Nait...p2047675.l2557
    Because they look so cute.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Andre.

Best looking Naim amp imho.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I see things I may be interested in buying, but do wonder if I'd be around to receive them, let alone enjoy them, with people dropping like flies with COVID in London. I do keep to myself as best I can, but nothing is guaranteed, especially when you're knocking on a bit.
    Keep yourself safe Geoff and keep smiling Mate !!

Cos if anything happens to you ,who I am going to come to ,to ask all about Tannoys ??
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Keep yourself safe Geoff and keep smiling Mate !!

Cos if anything happens to you ,who I am going to come to ,to ask all about Tannoys ??
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread