+ Reply to Thread
Page 996 of 996 FirstFirst ... 496896946986994995996
Results 9,951 to 9,953 of 9953

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

If anything, I'd say the starting price is low. I expect to see them sell for possibly over 1500.

The driver is the professional version of the lovely sounding 3128 unit, as employed in the Balmoral, Bradley and Cheviot Mk.II models. The main differences are I believe, a higher power rated bass coil and durable rubber roll cone surround instead of the foam used on the models mentioned.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If anything, I'd say the starting price is low. I expect to see them sell for possibly over 1500.

The driver is the professional version of the lovely sounding 3128 unit, as employed in the Balmoral, Bradley and Cheviot Mk.II models. The main differences are I believe, a higher power rated bass coil and durable rubber roll cone surround instead of the foam used on the models mentioned.
    Seriously? 1500? I don't see the value there at all.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; preamp TBA watch this space; Vinyl: Schopper'd Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GM and SPU Gold; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage Allnic H7000V used with Miyajima ETR-Mono and ETR-Stereo SUTs; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily enhanced AN DAC based on kit but aspiring to DAC5 spec.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Marantz PM-4; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT 1503 MkI broadcast arm, Ortofon SPU Classic GM, Ortofon 2-15k SUT and Puresound Tenuto platter mat

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Seriously? 1500? I don't see the value there at all.
    We'll wait and see then .
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

+ Reply to Thread