+ Reply to Thread
Page 911 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 4118118619019099109119129139219611011 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,110 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Wont bother with the whip round then !
    Ah the old name for crowdfunding!

I'm Grant.

someone mention whips ?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

More 'need head examined' territory. FFS

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pink-Floy....c100169.m2942

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    More 'need head examined' territory. FFS

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pink-Floy....c100169.m2942
    Crazy - but look what he wants for their first LP:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pink-Floy...id=p5731.m3795

£764 (admittedly reduced from £850)! My copy cost me 36/6 (= £1.83) in 1967.
    Barry

I'm jamie.

he states, have inspected under a magnifier and cannot find any damage. then goes on to say its jumps!!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mike.

Do you think he has the decimal point in the wrong place

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Geoff.

Celestion A1 speakers, £300 or offers. Bargain! They sound amazing. In Sunbury-on-Thames.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celestion....c100290.m3507

These are rare, hardly ever seen for sale.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Celestion A1 speakers, £300 or offers. Bargain! They sound amazing. In Sunbury-on-Thames.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celestion....c100290.m3507

These are rare, hardly ever seen for sale.
    Somebody should grab these. They really sound great. I heard them when they first came out years ago and thought they were the best thing I'd ever heard from Celestion.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Somebody should grab these. They really sound great. I heard them when they first came out years ago and thought they were the best thing I'd ever heard from Celestion.
    Rear ports will put many off. Look nice tho Not seen them before
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Rear ports will put many off. Look nice tho Not seen them before
    They were expensive for a compact speaker in their time, Worth it though.

Review here that sums them up: https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_4_3/celestiona1.html

+ Reply to Thread