+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 1097 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

eBay attracts much flack, a lot of it justified, as being a sellers market. But occasionally it can work out well for the buyer. As an example, someone has found a bargain:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...m=260497515023

I paid about five times the final bid for my Troughline. Doesn’t it make you want to spit?

Here’s hoping the new owner appreciates his good fortune.

Regards
    Last edited by Barry; 04-11-2009 at 22:37.
    Barry

I'm Paul.

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Says he had them re-coned by Tannoy so you would think they are working but maybe deliberately disconnected. I'd give them a go at £250 but collection only from somewhere I have never heard of so it won't be nearby. The WAF on them is down through the floor.
    Cornwall near the Devon border. I will message the guy as at that price(ish) it may be worth putting a new 12" driver in the case and putting the HPDs in a Lockwood box

I'm Martin.

Yep good plan that is Paul.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Cheers James, got the CD player for £40

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Cheers James, got the CD player for £40
    Bargain

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Cornwall near the Devon border. I will message the guy as at that price(ish) it may be worth putting a new 12" driver in the case and putting the HPDs in a Lockwood box
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yep good plan that is Paul.
    Ok the chap says that "Yes, the centre tweeters do work. The modification was done many years ago to give that little added zing". He is also selling his amp and pre "Luxman M-120A poweramp, and Luxman C-120A preamp". Hmmm...... Kinda thinking about it all.

I'm Grant.

A nice looking Thorens, although not sure of the price. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2615358533...84.m1423.l2649
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

I'm James.

Sony TA-1120 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-SO...item20e9b4e3c3

Incredibly well made, the original ES.

+ Reply to Thread