+ Reply to Thread
Page 899 of 2920 FirstFirst ... 39979984988989789889990090190994999913991899 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 8,990 of 29198

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm sorted.

I'm Grant.

Johnny Cash. american3
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Mike.

Gov't Mule - The Tel★Star Sessions (LP)

https://www.discogs.com/Govt-Mule-Th...elease/8866279

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    I’m a big fan of Lewis Taylor, top man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Mike.

Neighbours are loving me today, well Sunday is Hard Rock day, right?

OSI - Fire Make Thunder (LP)

https://www.discogs.com/OSI-Fire-Mak...elease/3667641

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    I’m a big fan of Lewis Taylor, top man.

Ahhh, me too, mate - his eponymous debut is my favourite record of all time.

Saw him live at the Jazz Café for his penultimate ever gig too.

Love the fella

Got a couple of clips from Later and two or three music videos he made as well as one of the Ltd Edition albums, a few 12" singles, two DJ mixes of his stuff (one by me and the other by a fella in the US) and even a Sheriff Jack LP (really quirky, like Ian Dury meets Captain Beefheart down the pub) but I have never even seen his first album on vinyl.

Really want a copy

PM me if you want the mixes or the vids
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Tony.

Nice! I got into hm after seeing him on Later. All the albums I’ve got are on CD.

Would love to have seen him live. I think I’ve got copies of the Later videos sitting on a backup file somewhere .

Didn’t he systematically remove all video footage from the internet at one point?

I seem to recall an interview with him on the radio not so long ago as well, talking about how he was ashamed about not giving his then girlfriend proper writing credit on the first album (I think). He’s an astonishing talent, a real musician’s musician.

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Nice! I got into hm after seeing him on Later. All the albums I’ve got are on CD.

Would love to have seen him live. I think I’ve got copies of the Later videos sitting on a backup file somewhere .

Didn’t he systematically remove all video footage from the internet at one point?

I seem to recall an interview with him on the radio not so long ago as well, talking about how he was ashamed about not giving his then girlfriend proper writing credit on the first album (I think). He’s an astonishing talent, a real musician’s musician.

There's a lot more to it than that.
    In a nutshell, he hated the person he became as a solo artist. It wasn't just the biz, the promotional stuff, the record company wankery, but the change in himself that he could see as it all began to grow like a monster he'd created.
    It all finally came to light a couple of years ago when he finally spoke to someone in the media about it all.
    It's a blinding read if you're a fan but be prepared to see behind the curtain because he reveals a lot of himself and it may well surprise you :

http://souljones.com/exclusive-featu...s-lewis-taylor
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    There's a lot more to it than that.
    In a nutshell, he hated the person he became as a solo artist. It wasn't just the biz, the promotional stuff, the record company wankery, but the change in himself that he could see as it all began to grow like a monster he'd created.
    It all finally came to light a couple of years ago when he finally spoke to someone in the media about it all.
    It's a blinding read if you're a fan but be prepared to see behind the curtain because he reveals a lot of himself and it may well surprise you :

http://souljones.com/exclusive-featu...s-lewis-taylor
    Ha ha! I started reading that and it all came flooding back! Don't know where I got radio interview from, it was that article that I read! Amazingly honest and introspective account!

+ Reply to Thread